Friday 23 February 2018

Have you had Whole Green Peas? Or split peas or

Hi!! The Run Eat Repeat podcast will be back next week! I’m answering your questions on weight loss & hypothyroidism, warming up before a race and organic food vs. conventional. But we’re taking Friday off this week because my editor is super annoyed with me and needs a few days off. I think you can understand how hard it is to work with me.

rer podcast (286x588)

Okay… now let’s talk about food and fitness and um, green peas. 

I tried a new bean today – have you ever had whole green peas? Sure most people have had had split peas – but WHOLE PEAS? That’s totally different except, the same just squished together.

whole green peas grain bowl 1 (784x588)

I went to my favorite store… aka The 99 Cent Store and as I was perusing the beans – I compared garbanzo beans with other options and saw green peas have a pretty good nutrition profile! So I got a bag of raw whole peas to try.

I soaked them overnight and this morning cooked them in the crockpot with water and garlic cloves. I cooked them on low for about 4 hours. And… they came out great!!

whole green peas grain bowl 11 (784x588)

whole green peas grain bowl 10 (784x588)

All I seasoned them with was whole garlic cloves and added salt and pepper when they were done. I smell like garlic now… it’s for the best. Well, not for the best in making friends but for my health?

whole green peas grain bowl 6 (784x588)

Overall – I love whole green peas. I’ll be making them again. Boom.

But… I don’t love the new Trader Joe’s sparking water in Starfruit flavor. I love Starfruit but this didn’t taste like how I remembered it. Anyone else?

sparkling starfruit (478x637)

Vegas sleeps silly!

whole green peas grain bowl 9 (441x588)

Don’t buy watermelon  yet – it’s not super sweet.

whole green peas grain bowl 8 (784x588)

Winter is here! It’s been cold the last 2 days. I need to suck it up and get to running instead of stalling until it gets warmer.

whole green peas grain bowl 12 (441x588)

This is Vegas as a puppy… It’s so hard for filters on Instagram to read you pet’s face… so I get excited when it works like this.

vegas as a puppy (286x588)

And we should talk about celebrating my Aunt Mart’s life. There was cake and a jumper and all the usual suspects….

Aunt martha (784x588)

And here’s a pic of my fave tiny person. I love her.

my favorite tiny person (441x588)

Anyway. I’m falling asleep.

Good night!!

Or Good Morning?

The post Have you had Whole Green Peas? Or split peas or appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source https://runeatrepeat.com/2018/02/22/have-you-had-whole-green-peas-or-split-peas-or/

No comments:

Post a Comment