Sunday 22 October 2017

DIY Microwave Popcorn in a Paper Bag

This. This!! This has changed my life. Yep. And this post might change your life too. Are you ready for it? I’m not trying to be dramatic… I just am dramatic, I don’t have to try. So keep that in mind as I teach you how to make popcorn in the microwave with just popcorn kernels and a paper bag.

And if you love popcorn as much as I do you’ll be super excited for this quick tip!

diy microwave popcorn (533x800)

I LOVE popcorn. It’s definitely in my top 10 favorite foods. Is that weird? I feel like my favorite foods are a random mash-up of so many things! Anyway…

500 years ago I heard you could make microwave popcorn yourself super easy, cheap and fast by just putting your own kernels and seasoning in a paper bag. Boom!

Unfortunately, they didn’t have microwaves 500 years ago so no one really made this back then.

But I have a microwave and a love of popcorn so I finally decided to take advantage and figure out how to DIM (do it myself) popcorn super fast!

DIY Microwave Popcorn:

Ingredients: popcorn kernels , olive oil or coconut oil or butter – preferably in a spray, seasoning

Directions: Put 1/3 cup kernels in a paper bag. Fold bag over 2 times to close. Microwave for 2 to 3:30 minutes – paying very close attention to when the kernels slow down popping and it takes 5 to 10 seconds between pops.

When it’s done spray the popped corn with olive oil and season with whatever you like. You can spray it with olive oil and then add the seasoning straight to the bag and shake it around to mix or put it in a bowl.

diy microwave popcorn bags 7 (441x588)

Seasoning ideas: Salt, Pepper, Everything But the Bagel Seasoning, Sugar, Cinnamon, Chile Powder, Tajin, Cocoa Powder, Parmesan Cheese…

Note: I had to do this a couple of times to figure out exactly how long to microwave it so that the popcorn with mostly popped but not burnt. I burnt a few batches and had a few where only half popped. Finally I found the sweet spot is about 3 minutes for 1/3 cup – I have a small, not fancy microwave.

diy microwave popcorn bags 2 (784x588)

I’m obsessed with this right now and have used a bunch of different seasonings. This batch had Mexican seasoning – which sounds like it would taste like Mexicans but actually tastes a little like taco seasoning.

Question: Do you prefer salty or sweet popcorn?

I like salty! I eat more than enough sweet things and this is my salty pick!

The post DIY Microwave Popcorn in a Paper Bag appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/10/22/diy-microwave-popcorn-in-a-paper-bag/

No comments:

Post a Comment