Tuesday 5 December 2017

Lexus Lace Up Half Marathon Riverside–Podcast

Hello! I ran the Lexus Lace Up Half Marathon in Riverside yesterday! I’m doing a quick recap on the podcast today.

lexus lace up riverside half marathon results

But first… let’s warm up!

Vegas Update…

vegas skechers shows

 

Lace Up Riverside Half Marathon Recap {Podcast}

Lace Up Race Series – last one for the year!

– My Half Marathon finish time: 1:45:40 – pace: 8:03

Felt good. Wanted to use this as my speed work for the week. Slowed for a second to talk to Pam. No kick at the end.

– Theme: Reindeer Run!

– Course: Hill at the start and a few nice sized hills during the race but I wouldn’t call it hilly.

– Weather: Cold! For me (and me only).

– Runner perks: So many runner perks!!

Reindeer Antlers. Santa Hats. Santa was there! Food trucks. Gear check. Red tee. Free print outs of pics from Instagram. Free race photos.

– Favorite part: I love the food trucks and free race pics!!

– Do it again? Yes!

lexus lace up riverside half marathon results 1 race review form after 5k 10k half marathon (1)

RER Awards for the week {Podcast}:

1st: Vegas for his final fight.

2nd: Lindt dark chocolate truffles.

3rd. Celestial Seasonings and Bigelow Seasonal Tea.

My favorites are the Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride and Bigelow Eggnog Tea.

Celestial has a ton of seasonal flavors:

Candy Cane Lane  // Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride //  Sugar Plum Spice //  Cranberry Vanilla Wonderland  //  Gingerbread Spice  //  Sweet Harvest Pumpkin  // or a holiday flavor pack

Coming up – Race Day Series!

I’m going to cover my race day routine. Let me know if you want me to talk about anything in particular. If you have questions – let me know!

Race Day Series will cover:

What I do the day before a race.

My race day morning routine.

How I fuel during the race.

What I do after the race…  Fuel. Rest. Things I need after a race.

How I recover the days and week after the race… Rest? Recovery tools. Running without a watch/music. Notes.

If you have a specific question –> leave it in the comments here OR email me RunEatRepeat@gmail.com OR call the Podcast Voicemail 562 – 888 – 1644 and leave a message with your name and question!

run podcast phone number

Thank you for listening! Please leave a rating in your podcast app and subscribe to the show. I really appreciate it!

Question: What gets 1st place for you this week?

The post Lexus Lace Up Half Marathon Riverside–Podcast appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/12/05/lexus-lace-half-marathon-riverside-podcast/

No comments:

Post a Comment