Friday 26 January 2018

Lazy Cook Recipe Ideas and Botox – Podcast 63

Today on the podcast I’m answering your running, cooking, botox (!!), half marathon questions and more. These are 5 questions from the Pile on the Miles survey. I think they’re super helpful for everyone (okay maybe not the botox one?).  If you have one feel free to email or leave a voicemail with your question and I’ll answer it in an upcoming episode.

Podcast episode 63 recap (800x800)-01

1. Question: Do you have any recipes that are super quick to make or super low in ingredients for the lazy cook?

Run Eat Repeat: Yes! I’m all about super quick and easy recipes. If you are lazy I say get it all done in one shot with meal prep and then switch that up for different meals throughout the week. Check out my Ground Turkey 5 Ways post for an example of that.

Quick and Easy Cooking Hacks:

A. Meal Prep and plan. Make  a list of what you want to eat, get the groceries and prep anything you can.

B. Spend money to save time. Prioritize your sanity and consider inventing in meal prep containers, a Crockpot, foil, pre-chopped veggies… basically anything that will help make it easier to cook and clean-up.

C. Keep it simple. Identify your favorite dishes and find new ways to use them. It’s okay to stick to some of your favorite fruits, veggies and protein but add in new flavors to keep it fresh. If you already have a few dishes you cook really well – think of ways to change up the veggies or protein in them.

Examples:

bake a bunch of potatoes and stuff them with different veggies and protein

make a batch of Salsa Chicken and use it for salads, tacos, burritos, enchiladas…

meal prep for runners recipe (640x640)

Quick Breakfast Recipes:

Overnight oats – you can make this ahead of time in a batch

or make OverRun Oats while you are working out or running!

French Toast in a mug – you can make this in the microwave!

Tortilla Breakfast Casserole – make a casserole and portion it out for several days

Breakfast Potatoes in the Crockpot

Quick & Easy Dinner Recipes:

Baked Sweet Potatoes in the  Crockpot

Easy Chicken Pozole in the Crockpot

Easy Taco Bake

Creamy Chicken and Potato bake

 

how much faster can I run a half marathon in 4 to 6 months (800x800)

2. Question: How do you know what is a reasonable gain in speed over a 4-6 month training cycle (shaving 10 min off half? 20 min off half?).

This depends on your fitness level when you set your last PR or when you ran the time you’re trying to improve. If you are basing it off your first race and didn’t really train hard or had a bad race day… it’s hard to tell without specifics on where you are now.

Estimate your half marathon pace or finish time yourself:

Look at your long run average pace and compare it with the Half Marathon pace chart. Then, use that information plus your current fitness level // injury history // race elevation // anything else that would help you run faster or slower… and make a good estimate on what pace you’re capable of on race day.

Half Marathon Pace Chart

Half Marathon Pace Chart estimate finish time (533x800)

 

Use a half marathon time predictor tool to guess based on other data:

Runner’s World Race Time Predictor

Project Five Thirty Eight Marathon time predictor

 

3. Question: You’re open about most things but I haven’t seen any info on if you did something to your lips awhile back? It looks cool. Cost range? Is it a one time thing? Redone like eyelashes or a spray tan?

RER: I don’t have lip filler but I do get Botox. I have gotten around my lips so they are relaxed and can look bigger. I also use lip plumping gloss, over-line my lips, highlight my top lip and pay attention to angles.

I tried to get it one time over 3 years ago from a Groupon and I … listen to the show to find out!

This is a before/after circa 2015 I think? It was the time I tried to do get lip injections and ended up passing out like a tragedy.  This is not a flattering picture but I didn’t expect to ever post it, I was just curious about difference it would make so I took the pic for myself.

before and after (800x800)

 

4. Question: I just ran my 3rd half marathon and feel like I’m starting from scratch each time I train. What is a good mileage to maintain so I can work on getting faster and not just trying to build distance?

RER: You might be taking off too much time from running. If you’re not training for a race I’d suggest still running for exercise twice a week and doing whatever other workouts you want around that.

Try to maintain a fitness level where you can run 5 to 6 miles. Then, when you start half marathon training (assuming it’s from the beginning) you have that base and can incorporate speed work instead of focusing on re-building that fitness.

 

5. Question: How do you maintain high mileages and not get injured?

RER: First – you have to know your body and respect it. If you are injury prone you need to be extra diligent about recovery and rest.

8 Tips to Avoid Running  Injuries:

  • Listen for any ‘squeaky wheels’ from your body.
  • Take extra rest if needed.
  • Stretch & foam roll.
  • Refuel with protein and carbs after your workout.
  • Ice achy areas.
  • Incorporate strength training and yoga.
  • Get a sports massage – maybe on an on-going  basis so the person knows your body.
  • Know the difference between sore, tired and injured.

 

Podcast vm line

Feel free to email or leave a voicemail if you have a question for me!

Please leave a review in your podcast app – it really helps show higher in rank and get more people to listen! Thank you!!

 

Items mentioned in this episode:

Crockpot

InstaPot – I don’t have one yet so I can’t speak to it’s awesomeness but everyone and their mother (including mine) has one.

Meal Prep Containers

Silicone baking sheet – I use this instead of foil for some baking sweets. It’s super non-stick and easy clean up.

Foam Roller – (post-run stretching and injury prevention)

The post Lazy Cook Recipe Ideas and Botox – Podcast 63 appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source https://runeatrepeat.com/2018/01/26/lazy-cook-recipe-ideas-botox-podcast-63/

No comments:

Post a Comment