Wednesday 28 September 2016

Can You Just Eat Chocolate To Get the Health Benefits?

Hi! How are you? I’m great because we’re talking about cocoa again today!  And I’m feeling great because I’m sipping iced coffee right now… my favorite.

iced coffee and cocoa

I’ve been working with CocoaVia® cocoa extract supplement for a while now. I made a fancy iced coffee with the Unsweetened Dark Chocolate powdered stick pack to start my day. It’s just iced coffee, the packet and some almond milk – I  shake it up in a cup so it’s a little foamy and completely mixed. So good.

cocoavia iced coffee 1 (450x800).jpg

I got super excited the other day when I was listening to podcasts and came across this short story on how cocoa flavanols – the unique bioactives (or phytonutrients)  in cocoa –  can support health. But the takeaway that some people are making from the studies is that just eating dark chocolate offers similar health benefits.

cocoavia benefits (450x800)

Unfortunately, most chocolates don’t label their amount of flavonols. And really the majority do not contain a reliable or guaranteed amount of cocoa flavanols.  So while chocolate is a great/yummy/special treat, it really isn’t your “go to” source of cocoa flavanols. This is where CocoaVia® comes in.  

chocolate is good for you (800x450)

cocoa via tip

CocoaVia® daily cocoa extract supplement delivers 375 mg of cocoa flavanols in every serving – the highest amount in any cocoa extract supplement in the market today.  When consumed daily, numerous scientific studies have demonstrated that the cocoa flavanols in CocoaVia® supplement promote healthy blood flow from head to toe†, which is critical to your overall health.

Visit www.CocoaVia.com for more information.

Winner of the CocoaVia Giveaway: Jodie S who said “I usually have chocolate bits in my mid morning trail mix snack around 11am, sometimes in my energy ball right before a run!!” – Jodie please email me your info!!

cocoa via facts

In other running and eating news…

I sported a pair of colorful ProCompression socks for my run this morning! They really have the most fun socks out there. No contest.

running travel lifestyle blog 6 (450x800)

The cool mornings have been perfect for running too!

Is it slowly becoming Fall where you live??

running travel lifestyle blog 3 (800x450)

Have you seen Raising Cane’s Chicken Fingers popping up around you? They seem to be all over the place in Orange County now!

Their menu is super limited – just chicken fingers and sides. Ben is obsessed with this place so I grabbed some for him tonight as a treat since he was out of town and just got back.

travel fitness blog favorites 3 (800x450)

best chicken in orange county ca (800x450)

Question: Do you switch between iced coffee and hot coffee depending on the season?

Disclosure: I was asked to participate in the CocoaVia® “Live Your Life with Heart” campaign. I was compensated for my time.

†This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

The post Can You Just Eat Chocolate To Get the Health Benefits? appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2016/09/28/can-you-just-eat-chocolate-to-get-the-health-benefits/

No comments:

Post a Comment