Friday 16 September 2016

How You’re Putting Yourself in Danger Every Run

runner safety social media

Hello! How are you? Are you running safer and smarter this week? Today was a rest day for me so I did a round of 21 day fix. Then, I took a short walk to get some fresh air before starting my day. I can’t even remember what I listened to this morning! I might have just been caught up in my head movies.

I busted out the crockpot for a super easy dinner tonight. I love crockpot meals they are the easiest, always come out good and leave leftovers.

I used this Trader Joe’s Thai Green Curry Simmer Sauce and poured it over 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts.

trader joes curry (450x800)

I loved this meal, but check out the creeper cat giving me dirty looks! Does he not like curry? Or does he want some??

cat creeper food blog (800x450)

I served it over brown rice with veggies.

easy dinner meal prep blog 2 (800x450)

And then I put the leftovers in containers that would be ready to go for lunch/dinner tomorrow. Meal prep win.

easy dinner meal prep blog (800x450)

 

runner safety social media

Runner Safety – Be Smart About Social Media

Today’s runner safety topic is all about being smart on social media.

I don’t know if you know this about me but… I have a running blog.

I’m also obsessed with social media – especially instagram.

I am always posting about where I’m running, eating, traveling or hanging out with my cat. Since the blog is actually my job and main source of income it’s important for me to promote it on social media.

But there are smart ways to do it that don’t scream “Hey everyone I’m alone in the woods with no chonies on! Come find me!!”

image image

Are you smart about social media?

Have you ever posted a selfie at the beginning of your run?

Did you say where you were? Did you tag the location? Was it an obvious location based on the background?

runner safety social media

If you don’t know EVERYONE who follows you – you might have just told a bunch of strangers where you were going to be alone and tired (and sweaty). It sucks that there are random attacks that happen to runners, but don’t draw someone a map.

runner safety tips social media

Yes, we all love to share post-run swelfies (sweaty selfie). We want to share where we ran and how much we ran! I LOVE the online running community. I’m not part of a local running group so the internet is my running group. I don’t want to stop sharing my running (and eating) with my followers.

But there is a smart way to do it.

How to update your runs on social media safely:

– Don’t tag your location. If you always run in the same place you are telling someone where you’re going to be tomorrow. If you really want to post a location be vague and post a city name instead of a specific park name or store.

– Post AFTER your run. Posting before tells someone where you are right now.

– Don’t post a run if you called in sick to work, ditched Happy Hour or are supposed to be somewhere else. Busted!

– If you feel like one of your followers has odd intentions with you – block them.

– Stay alert. Don’t get caught up in updating Facebook or checking your timeline when you are somewhere that requires you to pay attention to your surroundings.  This includes standing by your car at the end of a run. Get home before you get distracted. 

– Don’t be predictable. Sharing ALL your runs might show someone a pattern in where and when you run. Hold back on details that share too much.

Question: Any other tips? Do you post all your runs or workouts? How do you stay safe?

The post How You’re Putting Yourself in Danger Every Run appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2016/09/16/how-youre-putting-yourself-in-danger-every-run/

No comments:

Post a Comment