Wednesday 21 September 2016

Easy Creamy Chicken and Potatoes

Hi! How’s it going? Over here it’s going good except I woke up in the middle of the night and could not go back to sleep. Ugh. I ended up staying awake catching up on email for a few hours. Since I was up I had some Cheerios and coffee. I thought I was just going to ‘power through’ but ended up going back to bed for a little bit.

middle of the night snack (450x800) (2)

When I was up for real I ran 5 miles. It was a rough one. I didn’t get enough sleep and my legs felt heavy and I just felt crappy. Boo. But, no big. We’ll run again tomorrow and see how it goes.

bad runs happen (450x800) (2)

Post-run breakfast was a pretty delicious open faced egg sandwich. I’ve been using the new  Sabra Sandwich Spreads on everything and this is another amazing combo. Actually I can’t decided if this is considered fancy toast or an open faced sandwich? Either way, it was great.

sabra sandwich spready breakfast (800x450) (2)

In mango news… they are amazing right now.

I found a few HUGE HUGE HUGE mangoes at the 99 cent store. This score made my week!

mangos with cat (450x800) (2) mangos are the best (450x800) (2)

Super easy garlic chicken recipe using Trader Joe’s garlic simmer sauce (instead of mushroom soup). This makes enough for 4 meals. If you’re not cooking for four people, portion it out for a quick lunch or dinner the next day. Or put it in a freezer safe container and save it as a frozen meal for the future.

Easy Creamy Chicken and Potatoes Recipe

easy creamy garlic chicken

I was inspired by a recipe Ben’s fam makes with chicken and canned mushroom soup. I used a garlic cooking and simmer sauce from Trader Joe’s.

Ingredients: 4 boneless chicken breasts, 4 cups washed and chopped potatoes, .5 cup each: chopped onions, carrots and celery, package chopped white mushrooms,TJ’s garlic simmer sauce

Directions: Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Heat 2 Tb olive oil and cook chopped onions, carrots and celery until soft. Season with S&P. Add mushrooms and cook through.

creamy garlic chicken recipe 8 (800x450) (2) creamy garlic chicken recipe 7 (800x450) (2)

Toss chopped potatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper.

Spread them on bottom of a greased casserole dish. Season chicken with S&P and place on top of potatoes. Top with cooked veggies. Pour sauce over the entire thing, cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes, remove foil and bake for another 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are done.

creamy garlic chicken recipe 4 (800x450) (2) creamy garlic chicken recipe 6 (450x800) (2) creamy garlic chicken recipe (800x450) (2)

Enjoy!

meal planning is for lazy people 3 (800x450) (2)

I get so happy when I throw together a new recipe and it comes out amazing. And this one makes me extra excited because it was super easy and made tons of leftovers. I’ve come to realize in life that meal prep is great for lazy people. Or at the very least making extra food when you cook is a great idea if you want to be lazy and just heat & eat something the next day. Which I do.

So I portioned out the leftovers of this meal and am all set for a while. Boom!

meal planning is for lazy people (450x800) (2)

Question: Are you having leftovers or a new meal tonight for dinner?

The post Easy Creamy Chicken and Potatoes appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2016/09/21/easy-creamy-chicken-and-potatoes/

No comments:

Post a Comment