Tuesday 31 January 2017

Announcement!! Find Yourself. Find Your Finish Line.

Hi! I have a big announcement!! This is an opportunity I don’t feel like I deserve, but it’s such an honor and way too good to turn down. So in an effort to Be Brave and say ‘yes’ to things that scare me – I’m going for it.

 

run eat repeat workout

Hyland’s Leg Cramps, the official cramp relief partner of the Boston Marathon, has put together a team of runners to share their journey as we prepare to run the Boston Marathon in April. It’s a social media project that is challenging us to share our motivation, adversity and preparation to run 26.2 miles. They asked me to be on the team and I said YES.

So, you can follow along with me and the other runners on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook and blog updates – we’re planning on sharing different aspects of training at least 3 times a week!

This is extra special for me because:

1. Qualifying for the Boston Marathon is one of my big life goals. My best race time is about 2 minutes away from the qualifying time = sub 3:35. I’ve been working on getting in shape to train and run a goal race (a race where I’d go for a specific goal vs. just running as training or for fun which is what I do most of the time) since the beginning of the year.

That’s still the long term plan – train hard, pick a race, run hard. But, since I just started training and trying to get back in real race shape it’s not going to happen before April. So, things are a little out of order but most of the time goals aren’t as simple as a straight line from A to B.

*Here’s my video on why I stopped training for a PR for a while.*

2. This is the 50th anniversary of when Kathy Switzer, the first woman to run the Boston Marathon with a bib, ran the race!!

Rumor has it one of the race officials tried to physically remove her from the course because women weren’t allowed to run.

This article is noted by Switzer as the true account of what happened at the 1967 Boston Marathon. –> Kathy Switzer Boston Marathon Her Real Story 

How is this related?  Well, this team is all about celebrating girl power like Switzer’s!

The 2017 Hyland’s Boston Marathon team is all female and includes  super inspirational, hard-working ladies who are doing great things for girls, minorities and the less fortunate. Love.

image

image

I’m just over here keeping my local pizza place in business… gotta step it up!

 

Boston Marathon Announcement Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sg_7Clib8E

I’m not the fastest or fanciest or fun-est or funniest or anything-est run blogger – but I am a girl who is open to sharing the ups and downs of a big challenge with her peeps on the internet.

fall runner 2

running blog 1 (600x800)

Over the next 12 weeks I’ll be sharing my training, thoughts, fears, struggles and other fun (and not so fun) stuff that comes with training to run 26.2 miles. Follow along here and on RER’s social media:

Run Eat Repeat Instagram

Run Eat Repeat Facebook

Run Eat Repeat Twitter

Run Eat Repeat YouTube

Run Eat Repeat home address – just kidding unless you’re sending me food.

 

In non-running news…

Spark is changing their packaging. I know there have been questions about it but it’s the same magical drink mix, just updated boxes to bags. I think the canisters are staying the same but the ‘on the go’ stick packs are now coming in these bags.

*Check out my shop page for my favorite flavors list.

image

 

Question: What is your BIG goal for this year? What is the plan to get it?

The post Announcement!! Find Yourself. Find Your Finish Line. appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/01/31/announcement-find-yourself-find-your-finish-line/

No comments:

Post a Comment