Monday 2 January 2017

Do you want a Hairy Chair or Beachy Waves?

Hi! How are you doing? I good, just sitting here blogging from this hairy chair I just bought… It’s so nice! It feels like I’m cuddled up in a giant’s armpit. Warm and cozy.

hairy chair (450x800)

Not really. What is up with that chair?! Ha! It made me happy so I had to take a picture of it. I wanted to sit in it too, but I figured it would leave grey fuzz all over me and then everyone would know I sat in the hair chair. Maybe next time.

Speaking of hair… I went out last night and someone asked about my beachy waves.

Well, there are 3 ways to get the beachy waves in your hair:

1. Go to the beach.

2. Curl it with a curling iron in the beachy wave style (away from your face, loose, and shake it out)

3. Use hot rollers the night before (see me on NYE), braid it while running and then throw it up in a messy bun for the rest of the day. Then, when someone texts you to hang out pull it out of the bun and quickly assess if you’re going to have to keep it up or if there’s any way you can pull of a messy waves kinda look.

I did #3.

how to get beachy waves (600x800)

My cousin and bff made fun of me the last time we went to Vegas for using hot rollers but I have so much hair and it doesn’t like to curl so I swear by it. By ‘swear by it’ I mean it works good enough as I’m lazy.

You know what else works?

Gloves from the 99 Cent Store that have the magic finger tips you can use on your phone. BOOM! It’s not a big deal that they work on your phone, it’s a big deal that they’re from the 99 and that they don’t seem to have any special coating or anything on the fingertips.

magic running gloves (450x800)

Wait. It gets better.

I spotted a pair of the gloves on clearance at the 99! Yes, the dollar store has a clearance section.

And they had the technical finger ones and they had a two pack of regular ones. I use the regular ones are throwaway gear for races sometimes so I got a pack of those.

magic running gloves 1 (800x450)

I didn’t need gloves this morning though! It’s cold here, but not freezing. I did have to stop and have a lil moment of silence for that tree that fell a few weeks ago. Remember?

Now he’s resting in peace.

remember the big tree (800x450)

I saw what’s left of the tree on my run this morning. I did 2 miles of warm-up, 6 x 800m and 2 miles of cool down. It’s funny how my first cool down mile after the speed part is so much faster than the warm-up. My body still thinks it needs to go fast!

speed run workout (450x800)

Then, I made the BIGGEST PLATE OF EGGS ever known to man. I called the Guinness Book of World Records office to come document this egg mountain, but they refused?!?!!!? They said something about being in Ireland and this not being a real record and please stop calling every time you think you’re doing something cool.

all the eggs breakfast (800x450)

Oh, and I forgot I wanted to give a big shout-out to the amazing  people at the Rock N Roll Marathon team. They run the Rock N Blog program and put together a great gift boxes for all the running bloggers. Love it. Merry happy everything!

rock n blog jacket (800x450)

And that fun package of running loot reminded me that I need to choose what races I’m going to run this year!!

I really let signing up for races slide last year. I blame SR moving on Jan 1st. I think she accidently packed my motivation with her. I also blame myself because really it’s just me not getting it together.

Luckily, I just taped up my 2017 year calendar above my desk (it’s in front of my face right now) and I have two races written down already!!

Question: Do you want a Hairy Chair OR a Beachy Waves or a Beach Chair or a Hairy Wave (like a hairy hand and that’s what people see when you wave)?

The post Do you want a Hairy Chair or Beachy Waves? appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/01/02/do-you-want-a-hairy-chair-or-beachy-waves/

No comments:

Post a Comment