Friday 20 January 2017

What is Your Running Mantra?

What’s your running mantra? It’s Day 12 of Run Camp and we’re picking a running mantra. Do you have one?

First… I had a good run yesterday. The weather was perfection. I felt okay. The route was hilly though. Darn hills! They kill me!

running blog jan 19

Today was a rest day from running so I did some Beach Body On Demand with Vegas as my workout buddy. He doesn’t workout as much as fall asleep after 2 minutes.

find your running mantra 5 (460x613)

Post-workout I had Bible study. This week we talked about communication – know when to speak up, when to shut up and when to build up. It was super awesome. You are communicating with people all day everyday. Even when you don’t say something you’re communicating. So it was good to be reminded of how to do it in a positive way. Speak the truth in love.

I used a bun roller thing to make a big bun, but I think it actually looks better when I do a messy bun myself. No big, just noting that for myself.

find your running mantra 4 (460x613)

I spotted these in the store today – Nature Valley Granola Cups. I feel like they’re going to be so good and I’m hesitant to buy them.Have you tried them?

find your running mantra (496x662)

 

Run Camp Day 12

Run Camp Day 12 – Running Mantra

What is your running mantra?

Today’s challenge is to pick a running mantra. Have it in your back pocket to pull out when you are having a hard run.

Mental tricks to get you through the rough days are important. We all struggle at some point. But you are ahead of the game if you have a plan to overcome those struggles. It can be a phrase “just do it” or one word “hustle” or whatever works for YOU.

How to choose your running mantra:

1. Pick a word or phrase that motivates and inspires you.

2. Think about using to to encourage yourself by saying it in your head, say it out loud a few times to see how it feels. Repeat 1000x.

3. Make sure it makes you want to push harder, but doesn’t tear you down. (Try to keep it positive and encouraging.)

4. Make it short and easy to recite in your head as you’re running. Then, use it as needed!

running mantra ideas

Over the years I’ve had random / different running mantras depending on where I was in life, in running and my goals.

For a while Ben and I would say “K-I-T… keep it together. K-I-T….keep it together” – it’s from a movie and we joked that it’s perfect for running when you feel like you want to quit or that you’re falling apart.

This weekend on my long run I told myself a few times – No one cares. Work harder. That was the kind of tough love I needed. I have used 100% positive mantras in the past – or funny ones! But right now this is what I need.

image

(RER on Instagram)

Bonus: One Word Running Mantras via Women’s Running and some Monican.

Question: What’s your running mantra?

–> Use it on a run this week to make sure it works to motivate you.

The post What is Your Running Mantra? appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/01/20/what-is-your-running-mantra/

No comments:

Post a Comment