Sunday 29 January 2017

Last Day of Run Camp First Day of Marathon Training

Hello! It’s the last day of Run Camp! It’s not really the first day of training for the LA Marathon, but it’s the first day I’m keeping track of my training and eating. I’m trying to be better about logging everything to get better. I have a lot of big goals and big races coming up!!

la marathon training day 50 2 (460x613)

First, let’s talk about food. I have been craving GOOD chips and guac so I grabbed some from Trader Joe’s… it didn’t do the trick. I really need to make it myself. womp womp.

la marathon training day 50 4 (800x600)

In running shoe news… I hit up Road Runner Sports for some gels for my long run and there is a BIG clearance sale right now.

la marathon training day 50 5 (800x600)

In cat news…

Vegas is sleeping. That’s not news, that’s all he does – but it does it well. Go Vegas!!

la marathon training day 50 6 (800x600)

Now… RUNNING!!

Yesterday was the most gorgeous day ever in the history of the world (I have to double check that, but I don’t have time to research right now).

la marathon training day 50 7 (800x600)

Pre-run rituals… Singing, Spark, Sunblock… the usual

la marathon training day 50 8 (800x600)

Run – 20 miles. I kept a good pace, but a few of the miles were pretty rough. And after I felt wrecked. I need to focus on stretching and core work.

la marathon training day 50 11 (460x613) la marathon training day 50 (496x662)

God Bless California.

la marathon training day 50 12 (460x613)

In running eating news…

I hit up Smart & Final for grapes. I am obsessed with grapes when watermelon is out of season.

Anyway… I saw Lean Cuisines were on sale AND if you bought 4 you get a box of Drumsticks FREE. I could not turn that down. But isn’t it kinda funny to give people buying Lean Cuisines – ice cream? But who am I to question free ice cream?! I was all about it!

la marathon training day 50 10 (496x662)

Run Camp Day 21

Run Camp Day 21

Last day of Run Camp!! For the last 21 days we’ve been doing small changes and check-ins to run faster, stronger, longer and better!

Over 1000 RER-ers joined Run Camp and a few hundred were in the Facebook group. Seriously – You ROCK!!! So so proud of all the work and support of each other. I love it.

image image

I’m going to be putting the Run Camp Calendar, log and all the challenges and tips in an e-book you can get in one shot soon. Stay tuned for that!

Final Run Camp Challenge:

1. Finish your running log for this week.

2. Compare it to the last 2 weeks.

Check in and ask yourself –

What did you improve about your running?

What do you still want to work on?

What was your BEST run from the last 21 days?? Why was it awesome?

What was your WORST run? Why was it bad? What can you do next time to prevent a similar situation?

What is your biggest strength in running?

3. Give yourself a high five / hug / thumbs up selfie for signing up for Run Camp and working to be a better runner. It’s not easy to run. It’s not easy to add a challenge to your schedule. You are getting better everyday.

run blog marathon 5 run blog marathon 4

 

run blog marathon 2 run blog marathon 1

Share your best run or runfie (run selfie) or something fun with #RunEatRepeat on Instagram and/or Twitter to share the awesome!!

Question: What was you BEST run from the last 21 days? Why was it awesome??

The post Last Day of Run Camp First Day of Marathon Training appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/01/29/last-day-of-run-camp-first-day-of-marathon-training/

No comments:

Post a Comment