Friday 24 February 2017

BeachBody Workouts with Running

Hi! How’s it going? Running? Eating? Other-ing?

Vegas has been fold-ing… not really. He just felt the need to lay on my clothes as I was folding. Thanks, cat.

beachbody for runners blog 7 (800x600)

This morning I hit the road for an easy paced 8 mile run and then came back to do a quick strength session. I’ve been using BeachBody on Demand for strength workouts and wanted to share since I think it’s a great compliment to running for cardio.

beachbody for runners blog 5 (800x600)

beachbody for runners blog (800x600)

I‘ve been using Beach Body on Demand for strength training / cross training with my running plan. I don’t have a gym membership right now so I figured I’d use it in place of fitness classes when I first signed up. I wasn’t sure if I’d like it or forget about it or what…

Well, I love it.

I like the freedom of being able to just lace up and go for a run when I want to workout. This is just as easy – I pick a workout on my non-running days or do one after I run. I use it about 2 to 3 times a week depending on what’s on my running or travel schedule.

What Is Beachbody On Demand?

Beachbody On Demand is a website that allows you to stream workouts and do them at home or wherever you have internet. It includes P90X, INSANITY, 21 Day Fix EXTREME, INSANITY MAX:30, FOCUS T25, 3 Week Yoga Retreat, or any one of over 400 other famous Beachbody workouts.

It’s like having 100s of options for fitness classes right at home.

I click on my go-to workout (I need to change it up, but I really love the one I’ve been doing) and do it while I catch up on reality TV. I feel like it’s a good balance.

beachbody for runners blog 3 (460x613)

So far I’ve stuck with the 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme workouts.

There is a calendar that tells you what day to do each workout for 21 days. (There’s also a diet plan you can get separately for the 21 day fix. it’s based around portion control and uses containers for you to measure your food.)

Since I run a lot and prefer running for my cardio I just do the upper body, abs and yoga workouts. I switch it around depending on the week but I usually do the upper fit, dirty 30 and yoga or flat abs. Doing 3 days of either cross training or strength training is good when you’re training for a half or full marathon. But do you.

image

*If you prefer DVDs you can get the 21 Day Fix program DVDs and food containers mailed to your house.  Click this link for that option.*

image

Since I’ve focused on the 21 day fix and fix extreme workouts up till now I can’t really share my thoughts on the other programs. But I like that there are a lot of strength options and so much variety.

You can get 1 year of BeachBody on Demand for $99 – that is such a great deal – especially when ya look at how much one single yoga class costs ($32 over here). The streaming / on demand option includes the workouts I’m doing and tons more.

image

Let me know if you have any questions on how it works with running or training. I’m creating a  calendar for running AND  using 21 day fix as strength training to go with it.

image

Now I’ve gotta get back to this pile of email that has been building up. I have so much to do – I’m just avoiding everything – that doesn’t make any sense!

And remember I was talking about carrot cake a few weeks ago??

Well, have you seen this Carrot Cake Chobani yogurt?? It’s not the same as a piece of cake but is a fun treat.

beachbody for runners blog 6 (800x600)

Bonus: I have a small set of weights, a yoga mat and a few resistance bands that I use with the workouts. You can probably get by with a set of 5 lb. and set of 10 lb. weights and a yoga mat.

Question: How often do you do strength training?

What workouts do you do? At home? The gym?

 

Disclaimer: I’m not a BeachBody coach, but a rep from Beachbody gave me a gift membership. This post is in partnership with BeachBody. All opinions are my own.

The post BeachBody Workouts with Running appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/02/24/beachbody-workouts-with-running/

No comments:

Post a Comment