Sunday 19 February 2017

Easy No Bake Mint N’ Chip Pie Recipe

easy mint n chip pie recipe

If you only know ONE thing about me it should be that I love ice cream more than I love anything or anyone else. (Sorry, mom but it’s true…)

i love ice cream (450x800)strawberry ice cream (450x800)reeses ice cream (800x450)

And if you want to know TWO things about me…

Well, then you need to buy me a double shot of vodka and I’ll spill secrets faster than a TMZ reporter.

desert villas palm springs 17 (640x800)

BUT that comes with a warning:

Don’t buy me more than 4 shots unless you’re willing to bail me out of a Mexican prison.

Long story. Don’t judge.

papas and beer ensenada

Anyway, back to the desserts…

Today is National Chocolate Mint Day. But I don’t want a mint… I want mint n’ chip!

I need the chocolate to really dominate and I feel like chocolate MINTS lead with the minty taste. (I’ve put a lot of thought and research into this.)

IMG_8596 (800x533)

Bonus tip: Always lead with your strengths – if you are a dessert, lead with CHOCOLATE.

So in honor of National Chocolate Mint Day here’s a super easy Mint N’ Chip Pie  recipe to satisfy all your chocolate and mint lovin’ needs.

IMG_1541 (800x533)

Easy Mint N’ Chip Pie Recipe

This dessert is a little lighter than most pies because it calls for greek yogurt instead of butter or cream.  I love incorporating Greek yogurt into dessert recipes because the added protein helps give it some staying power and keep ya full! Double duty dessert Winking smile

Ingredients:

  • 2.5 cups Greek Yogurt (plain or vanilla depending on how sweet you like it)
  • 1 package sf Cheesecake or Vanilla Pudding Mix
  • 1/2 tsp Peppermint extract (not too much, start with less and add a drop as needed)
  • Green Food Coloring
  • 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips (save 2 Tb for top)
  • Chocolate Pie crust (premade)
  • Cool Whip
mint n chip pie recipe

Directions: Mix yogurt and pudding mix thoroughly. Add peppermint and green food coloring to your desired taste/color. Stir in chocolate chips (leaving 2 Tb for top).

mint n chip pie recipe

Spread in pie crust. Top with container of Cool Whip.

easy grasshopper pie recipe

Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top and place in freezer for at least 1 hour to set.

Take out of freezer about 10-20  minutes before serving to let soften. (Not too long or it gets runny!)

easy grasshopper pie recipe no bake

Enjoy!

easy mint and chip pie recipe

Question: Pie or Cake?

Me: Cake. Unless there’s no cake and then pie.

The post Easy No Bake Mint N’ Chip Pie Recipe appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/02/19/easy-no-bake-mint-n-chip-pie-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment