Thursday 9 March 2017

Boston Marathon Documentary and Race Discounts

I really love running. And eating. And watching movies about running while I eat snacks. So, I’m very excited there’s a new documentary about the Boston Marathon coming out soon. It’s called Boston: An American Running Story.

boston marathon movie

And to make it even more awesome – Matt Damon is narrating it. Boom. He’s my favorite. Favorite everything.

– The first time I went to visit Tina in Boston I asked her questions about him non-stop.

– Then, I found out he ran the Surf City Half Marathon! I was there, I ran it that year too! He’s a runner! He should be my friend!

I don’t think he’d actually be my friend, but I can pretend when I watch the movie.

I think a good running movie is a great way to get motivated and excited before a race, but this is in theaters a few days after the Boston Marathon. It will be in theaters for one night – Wednesday April 19th. You can see if it’ll be in a theater near you and buy tickets here.

image

I’m going to try and get tickets and since it’s on one night only it’ll be like we went together and we can talk about it the next day. Yeah? You in?

image

Speaking of the Boston Marathon… let’s talk about my training.

There’s about 38 days until the Boston Marathon. My training is going well. I ran a strong half marathon this weekend. But my stamina to run strong past 14 or 15 miles is not there yet. That’s when it starts (or continues) to hurt.

I have to do longer tempo runs and faster long runs to get to the next point in my marathon fitness. I have a few races coming up and I think that’s a good way for me to get in longer runs at a better pace. It’s weird because I like to run alone, but the only time I do real work is at a race. I am going to play it by feel (not ear because my ears don’t have a huge impact on my stamina) and see how I recover after LA to assess when to start tapering.

boston marathon training (800x600)

My lil 10 day cleanse is going well. I have a lot of healthy food around to make it easier to stay on track. And if we’re being honest… I’ve been super stressed with stuff at home and I’m busy with work so even though it’s kinda not ideal why I’m not snacky, it is what it is.

Fruit is so good right now! Have you had a magical mango? Any ripe mango is magical. Seriously.

10 day cleanse food 6 (800x600)

10 day cleanse food 9 (800x600)

There’s a half marathon, 5k or 10k race coming up the weekend after Los Angeles Marathon. This is part of a race series north of LA. The RD is giving RER readers a discount for 30% off. When you finish all three races in this Lake Balboa series you will be awarded a special SERIES FINISHER MEDAL

Race Discount for Southern California Series 5K / 10K / half marathon

Three great races at the famous Lake Balboa bike path at Woodley Park

March 26 – Cottontail Half Marathon 5k 10k, www.CottontailHalf.com

May 28 – Lake Balboa Half Marathon 5k 10k, www.LakeBalboaHalf.com

Sept 24- Harvest Half Marathon 5k 10k, www.HarvestHalf.com

image

Use discount code: RER30

 

Question: Do you have a favorite running movie? Are you going to see the Boston movie?

The post Boston Marathon Documentary and Race Discounts appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/03/09/boston-marathon-documentary-and-race-discounts/

No comments:

Post a Comment