Monday 6 March 2017

Redlands Half Marathon Results and Recap

Hi! I ran the Run Through Redlands half marathon this morning. I had a surprisingly good race. Here is my Redlands race recap and results….

run through redlands half marathon recap

Let’s start from the beginning…

I signed up for the race online and got my bib race day morning. The Run Through Redlands race offers a 5K, 10K and half marathon. It was easy to pick up my bib on race morning, put my stuff in the car and get ready to run.

redlands half marathon results run blog 20 (800x600) redlands half marathon results run blog 5 (800x600)

Pre-race: easy to find race start,   quick and easy packet pick-up and a lot of free parking. It’s a fairly small race, but was very well organized.

redlands half marathon results run blog 1 (460x613)

The race: Started on time. It was kind of a low key start, just a count down and no big start or finish line.

redlands half marathon results run blog 17 (460x613) redlands half marathon results run blog 6 (800x600)

The most important thing to note: It is HILLY.

Very hilly. As I was running I felt my quads started to feel dead. I just kept thinking “this is so hilly!!”.

Just when I thought I wanted to take it back a bit because it was too hard  – I ran by a guy who pointed to a girl ahead of us about 50 yards and said, “There’s your podium spot.”

I immediately dismissed it saying, “This is the hilliest race I’ve never done!!’

I wanted to slow down, but his comment was a wake-up call and I kept an eye on her and decided to push it and  see what I got today.

She stayed 50 yards in from of me so it was good to just keep myself honest – if she was chugging along on the hills then I should be able to too . I just tried to keep a good pace, not walk and not cry.

Then, around mile 11 I passed her and kept going. I decided to push it.  I kept going – not sure if she was right behind me or what.

I just held on to my pace and did what I could. Finally, I finished! Awww. So nice to be done!

Then, the guy from earlier in the race came up to me and told me Congrats! If it wasn’t for him I probably would have phoned it in. That lil encouragement was all I needed to really ‘show up’. It made all the difference. I got 3rd place female (that’s what he was talking about getting top 3 and on the podium).

Redlands Half Marathon results: 1:44:18

redlands half marathon results run blog (497x662)

Post-race orange juice. This was perfect – we ran past a lot of orange groves and gorgeous houses with orange trees.

redlands half marathon results run blog 3 (800x600) redlands half marathon results run blog 7 (460x613)

Post-race I went to my brother’s to spend some quality time with my family. We went to church and then breakfast.

redlands half marathon results run blog 11 (800x600) redlands half marathon results run blog 12 (460x613)

The have all the condiments you need here!

redlands half marathon results run blog 19 (800x600) redlands half marathon results run blog 13 (800x600) redlands half marathon results run blog 18 (800x600) redlands half marathon results run blog 15 (800x600)

Overall: Great race. Great weather. Hard hills. I feel like I did well on the run.I probably wouldn’t do it again next year/soon since it is such a hard course, but maybe. Great food.

redlands half marathon results run blog 21 (800x600)

Question: Did  you race this weekend? Run? Eat?

How’d it go?

The post Redlands Half Marathon Results and Recap appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/03/06/redlands-half-marathon-results-and-recap/

No comments:

Post a Comment