Friday 17 March 2017

Post Run Pina Colada Protein Shake

Hi! Today’s Hyland’s Powered Challenge is to share one of my favorite post-run snacks. After a long run I usually crave something cold and refreshing. But it’s important to refuel your muscles with protein and carbs. This easy smoothie recipe hits all those bases.

Pina Colada protein shake

Protein powder provides muscle rebuilding nutrients.

Coconut water rehydrates you and has electrolytes.

Pineapple is delicious and has vitamin C.

Ice is good for you because Siberian Huskies love ice and I love puppies so it’s a big happy circle.

dogs love ice

 

Post-run Pina Colada Protein Shake

Directions: Put all ingredients in blender. Blend twice as long as you think – it makes it smooth and fluffy. Top with granola, coconut, nuts…

Enjoy!

10 day cleanse food blog 19 (785x589)

 

In other news…

my 10 day clean eating challenge is almost over and it is super hard to not drink or eat junk this week. I just want a sangria.

Today I has a super green smoothie in honor of St. Patrick’s Day (and because I love them). I had oatmeal at Bible study, fruit, salad and a bunch of other stuff. I only had one Spark today and am still feeling super energized. Boom.

10 day cleanse what to eat

Today was a rest day so I did a Beach Body on Demand workout and some foam rolling.

10 day cleanse food blog 3 (442x589)

And my bff sent me a super sweet gift. I got this “Be Brave” charm and bracelet as a surprise the other day. It came with a very thoughtful note too – I was not expecting this at all!

She knows I love the phrase “be brave” and have been thinking about even getting a tattoo of it. Well, now I have some time to just enjoy this until I figure it out. And it’s extra super nice of her because she is 100x busier than me and I love that she took the time to do this.

10 day cleanse what to eat 3 (460x613)

Sadly there’s not alcohol in the Pina Colada recipe – I’m saving that for the after party. Or tonight. One of those.

pina colada

Question: Do you like Pina Coladas?

Do you like getting caught in the rain?

The post Post Run Pina Colada Protein Shake appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/03/16/post-run-pina-colada-protein-shake/

No comments:

Post a Comment