Monday 31 October 2016

I Didn’t Do the Kim Kardashian Workout but I Did Run 10 Miles

Hello! How was your weekend? Mine was packed with tons of running and food and GLITTER. I ran the Rock N Roll Los Angeles Half Marathon yesterday morning and might have worn a lot of it. I’ll share my race recap and pics next, but I wanted to post some of the weekend fun first. (Check out Instagram for pictures if you want to see why I was wearing glitter.)

First. I am obsessed with grapes. I buy them every day. Then, I eat them all and go to the store and buy more. Every day. Note: The rug is rolled up because I was doing a 21 day fix workout and always roll it out of the way to make room.

run blog oct 1 (360x640)

I hit up the RnR LA Half Marathon expo Friday. I went early to try and beat the Los Angeles traffic. That kinda sorta worked in that it only took 1.75 hours to go 40 miles as opposed to 3 hours.

I packed a snack for the journey…

run blog oct 3 (480x640)

The Rock N Roll Los Angeles expo was still pretty empty when I got there so I did a quick walk around but tried to jam out before Friday evening rush hour.

run blog oct 4 (360x640) run blog oct 6 (640x360) run blog oct 7 (360x640)

I went out Friday night and found myself at a donut shop in the middle of the night. Weird how that happened.

But the donuts were so fresh! The guy was dipping the chocolate ones right as I walked in! It was magical.

run blog oct 8 (640x360) run blog oct 9 (640x360)

Saturday morning I ran 10 miles at 8:36 pace. It was slow going out and quicker going back home. The weather was perfectly cool for a run and I wanted to do more, but cut it at 10 because I had 13.1 the next day.

run blog oct 11 (360x640)

After my run I took a walk with Ben to get coffee. He always gets some sorta pastry when we go. That day it was coffee cake and an apple tart. Luckily neither one of these are really my jam so I had one bite and sipped my tea. (I already had coffee before my run.)

run blog oct 12 (640x360) run blog oct 13 (640x360)

(Side note: This is a good little Intuitive Eating reminder. I love donuts and ate a donut the night before. Since I’m not denying myself treats it was easy to skip a pastry I don’t really like.)

I saw this Kim Kardashian workout dvd at the 99 Cent Store. I considered getting it because I do want a Kim K. bootie, but I don’t have a dvd player and am pretty happy with my Beach Body on demand stuff.

kim kardashian workout (360x640) kim kardashian workout 1 (360x640)

It was GORGEOUS on Saturday and a little gloomy on Sunday.

gorgeous day (360x640)

After the race I spent some time at my parent’s house and then headed to Chuck E Cheese for my niece’s birthday. She has a cute costume, but wasn’t really in the mood to wear it. I did have a lot of fun playing the games with her though.

run blog oct 16 (360x640)

The grand finale of the weekend was Sizzler. I was so hungry by dinner time and craving the most epic salad! I made a big one with tons of hard-boiled egg. With menudo on the side because that’s how we do it.

run blog oct 18 (640x360)

 

*** Pile on the Miles starts TOMORROW. Sign up here!***

 

Question: What was the BEST thing you did or ate or saw this weekend?

The post I Didn’t Do the Kim Kardashian Workout but I Did Run 10 Miles appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2016/10/31/i-didnt-do-the-kim-kardashian-workout-but-i-did-run-10-miles/

No comments:

Post a Comment