Friday 14 October 2016

Your Race Recaps and the DCC Girl That Got Cut After 5 Years of Trying

Hello! How’s it going? How was your week? I am super busy today so I this is going to be quick. I’m getting things ready for the annual Pile on the Miles Challenge!! Are you going to pile on more miles than every this year?!

Before my run this morning I asked Ben to take a picture of me and he insisted on this – he thought it was hilarious for some random reason. Why can’t I just have fun, normal blog pictures?!

what is wrong with you (450x800)

And to think I made a fancy cheese platter for him to enjoy with wine last night! Next time it’s PB&J with no wine!

dinner platter (800x450)

After my run I did some strength exercises while catching up on last night’s ‘Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Making the Team’.

I was so bummed that the girl who has tried out 5 YEARS ended up getting cut the last night. Ugh. I was really pulling for her. So sad. I feel like they could have worked with her to make it work. She was obviously super dedicated!

dcc girl

I wish the show covered their whole season. I love it. (But seriously, Kelly just let the girl on the team.)

sass

short shorts

In addition to all the Pile on the Miles stuff I am on a mission to find a good running costume. I’m not even sure what race I’ll dress up for but RNR Los Angeles is Oct 30th and SR and I dressed up last year.

**Get $15 off Rock N Roll Marathon and Half Marathon races with code RUNEATREPEAT **

running costume shopping (450x800)

 

Now let’s talk about your race recaps from this weekend!! Amazing amazing job! I loved reading the emails and messages. Keep it up!!

YOURRace REcaps! (800x800)

Jen ran her first marathon at the Twin Cities Marathon!

twin cities marathon

Marissa ran the Long Beach Half Marathon! Check out what she said about her friend Nicole…

“A PR for my hubs (on the left) @ 1:43. I’m in the middle and got a 1:42. Haha, I barely beat him! And my friend and woman I coach with, Nicole, didn’t PR but did better than her last race. The 3 of us did the Beach Series together. Nicole PR’d at Huntington this year, which is amazing because she finished her chemo treatments in Oct 2014. She is amazing and a huge inspiration to not only me, but our entire cross country team.”

long beach half marathon post

Mimi ran her 3rd half marathon at Long Beach this weekend!

image

Morgan ran the Alaska Harvest Run 5K dressed as Fork in the Road! And she peeled the fork off her costume and used it eat her homemade protein bars after the race. Ha! Love it!!

fork in the road costume

Sarah ran the Chicago Marathon and raised money for Team World Vision!

image

Megan aka RunnerBakerGirl took 20 minutes off her marathon time at the Hartford Marathon

image

Sally ran the Staten Island Half Marathon – her recap

staten island half marathon

Hannah ran and PR-d the Prairie Fire Fall Half Marathon – her recap

prairie fire half recap 

Awesome!!! Keep running strong and having fun out there!

Question: Do you watch DCC? What’s your favorite show right now?

The post Your Race Recaps and the DCC Girl That Got Cut After 5 Years of Trying appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2016/10/14/your-race-recaps-and-the-dcc-girl-that-got-cut-after-5-years-of-trying/

No comments:

Post a Comment