Saturday 5 November 2016

Is He Just Messing With Me?

Hello! It’s Pile on the Miles Day 5! Thanksgiving still seems far away, but make it a habit to do something active everyday and stick with it.

So, I found a running coach! I’ll call him Coach J (or maybe CJ?) for now. He is not local so we started with a phone call where he asked me some good questions (after I filled out a form with a lot of info too) and he kinda set me straight on the timeline for my goals (we’re going to need more time to build up than I thought).

Since I’ve NEVER had any formal running coaching and I’ve never really done a marathon training program with real speed work – I have no idea how my body will respond to changing up my running workouts. We’re starting from scratch with everything except long runs. I’ll keep you posted on how it’s going.

fitness blog challenge day 5 3 (450x800)

My first workout was an easy run plus some drills after my warm-up. I had four moves to do to loosen up. There was marching, skipping, butt kicks and ankle lifts. These are completely normal warm-ups that I’ve seen runners do in high school and before races. But, it was kind of funny to bust out skipping on the middle of the bike path I run. Oh, and the march – I am sure I looked like a weirdo.

Luckily, when you grow up with red hair in a Mexican neighborhood you always look like a weirdo so I’m used to it.

It did go through my head though, “What if my coach is just messing with me having me do random stuff to see if I’ll do it…” Ha! I’ll never know.

fitness blog challenge day 5 5 (450x800)

Post-run I made eggs and had it with this massive flat bread that Ben brought home from lunch. There was so much left I can’t imagine how big it was to start.

so much bread (800x450)

Eggs on the floor, because I’m multi-tasking – stretching, eating, watching TV…

eggs and flat bread (800x450)

My coffee pot broke the other day. I have no idea how, Ben just realized there was a crack in it. So, I went out in search of a new one.

Since Ben hadn’t been around and I use iced coffee packets most of the time in the summer I hadn’t used the coffee maker in a while. But since it’s slowly getting colder some mornings I want hot coffee.  I was thinking about getting this Keurig because I don’t need a full pot of coffee and  it also makes hot water. But, my previous coffee maker was super cheap and it worked fine so I’m torn on whether it’s worth it.

If I get the fancy Keurig I can get rid of my tea kettle, which will free up space on the counter. But it’s also $100 more. On the other hand –  I don’t make good coffee and I feel like the Keurig is fool proof. Hmmmm.

I hit up Costco to research this very urgent matter (and enjoy some samples).

Fun Monican fact: I usually park far from the entrance to stores because I don’t like to deal with tight parking and or having someone wait for me to leave my spot. It was kind of random that there were tons of open spaces but the person in the black car parked right behind me and super close. They had so much room, but went all the way up to my car and I could barely get my back door up. Ha! Kissing cars.

fun fact blog (450x800)

I also had a dentist appointment because a crown I got a while ago had to be replaced. I feel a little bad that I’m so quiet at the dentist office because I dread it. I’m not mean, I just feel like I’m not talkative and kind of stressed. Do you ever feel like that?

camo shirt (600x800)

I finally checked my mail and it’s all voter stuff and catalogs I don’t want. It’s hard to tell from the pic but this was a HUGE pile of stuff. It was hard to get all this junk out. How do I stop getting junk mail? There’s one catalog in particular that is so big and takes up my entire mailbox.

latino voter guide (800x450)

Vegas was my date for the night. He isn’t the best conversationalist, but he also lets me dominate the dessert so I’m fine with that.

my date is my cat (450x800) tjs dark chocolate (800x450)

 

pile on the miles day 5

Week one of the Pile on the Miles is coming to a close today! (We started on Nov 1st, which was a Tuesday.) This is your last chance to be entered to win a pair of ProCompression socks or sleeves.

How did week one go?

Are you on track to hit your goal for the month?

What could you do better?

What did you do well?

Pile on the Miles Day 5

Leave a comment on this post with your POTM Check-In and you’ll be entered to win a pair of compression socks or sleeves from PRO Compression.

PRO Compression is sponsoring POTM this week. I am a huge fan because they help with recovery and fatigue – especially on longer runs. And they are hands down the most colorful, creative and cute compression socks you can find.

compression socks for running image

Check in on this post and you’ll be entered to win a pair of compression sock or sleeves of your choice (that’s not sold out obviously). Contest open to all. (If you live outside of their shipping area I will send them to you.)  Closes tomorrow at 9am PST. Winners will be announced Sunday.

Leave a comment on this post with your check-in:

Did you run today? How much? Rest day? Other??

Disclaimer: ProCompression is providing the prizes for this week’s POTM challenge. All opinions are my own.

The post Is He Just Messing With Me? appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2016/11/05/is-he-just-messing-with-me/

No comments:

Post a Comment