Saturday 12 November 2016

Pumpkin Protein Shake and Pile on the Miles Day 12

Hello! How are you? This was such a rollercoaster week. Thank God for God and therapy and chocolate. Am I right?

I’m the not-so-proud owner of a bunch of new pimples. So I have that going for me.

lashes day 1 (480x359)

I did really go to therapy this week to talk through some stuff. I am a fan of therapy. If you’ve never given it a whirl, I’d suggest considering it. We all have stuff that would be nice to talk out with a neutral person.

Unfortunately, therapists aren’t supposed to tell you exactly what to do. I guess that’s what mom’s are for? Anyway. I just want someone to tell me what to do with everything – life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness. Or maybe I’m supposed to listen to God and I’m drowning it out with wine and trash TV? Or maybe this post has taken an odd turn and I don’t even know where I’m going with any of this??

Anyway.

I had a lil snackaroo of raspberries and all the Costco samples this afternoon.

car snacks (450x800)

Then, I took a walk. It was only around 4:45pm and looked like midnight. But I prefer early morning sunrises because that’s when I run,  so I’ll take it.

evening walk pile on miles (450x800)

I made a fancy (to me) dinner of salmon, sweet potato and salad. I always make extra when I cook so I have easy, healthy leftovers for lunch or dinner the next day. Boom. Lazy and smart at the same time.

meal prep friday (800x450)

This afternoon I was craving a fun pumpkin treat. I decided to make a pumpkin protein shake since it’s still so warm here. It was the perfect filling, sweet snack.

The best advice I can give you in life is:

add whipped cream to everything.

Ev-er-eee-thing. Trust.

Smoothies, coffee, cereal, ice cream, your cat, fruit, sweet potatoes, pie, on your finger, pancakes…

pumpkin protein shake recipe

This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie was super easy – just protein powder, ice, pumpkin, pp spice, stevia, almond milk. Then, add whipped cream per my life advice.

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Recipe:

  • Vanilla Protein powder – I used  an Advo vanilla powder packet it’s probably the equivalent of a heaping scoop from a canister.
  • 1/3 c pumpkin (canned)
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 Tb honey or maple syrup OR packet stevia
  • 1 cup almond milk
  • ice

Then, blend and add sweetener or ice to your preference.

pumpkin protein shake 2 (450x800)

I topped it with whipped cream and more pumpkin pie spice.

Enjoy!!

pumpkin protein shake 8 (450x800)

 

pile on the miles logo 1

Pile on the Miles Day 12

LAST DAY of week 2!! How are you doing? Sticking to it? Need a push?

Well, imagine Vegas is pushing you with his little furry paw to get up and go!

cute cat sleeper (640x360)

November is Runner Safety Month. I have done a whole series on runner safety before – it’s important!

This week Nathan is sponsoring the challenge and giving away two pieces of must have running gear. I’ll pick a different winner for every day this week tomorrow.

They are giving away a Speedraw Plus Waterbottle and a Neutron Fire Runner’s Headlamp to 6 different POTMers! Check in below with your POTM update to be entered to WIN.

pile on the miles week 2

Follow them on twitter at @nathansportsinc for more information on Runner Safety Month and their line of running products.

Leave a comment on this post and you’ll be entered to WIN a Nathan Headlamp and Handheld Waterbottle! Closes tomorrow at 9pm PST.

*Use #RERMiles on social media to share your progress!!*

Question: What is your POTM check in?

Me: I have a race coming!

Disclaimer: Nathan is providing the prizes for this week’s POTM challenge. All opinions are my own.

The post Pumpkin Protein Shake and Pile on the Miles Day 12 appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2016/11/12/pumpkin-protein-shake-and-pile-on-the-miles-day-12/

No comments:

Post a Comment