Wednesday 2 November 2016

You Are Accused of Running Just Enough

Hello! How is your week so far? Did you pile on some miles yesterday? I did.

pile on the miles day 2 1 (600x800)

I ran 10 miles at a slow pace while listening to a running podcast.

I spent all last week listening to the true crime podcast, Accused.  The Crime Writers On podcasters told me it was amazing and were reviewing it in a recent episode on their show. Well, it was good but not great. I just don’t think anything can compete with Serial season 1. Sarah Koenig is just such an amazing storyteller. She really made listeners get lost in the story and care about what was happening and the people who were there (so many people hated Jay).

pile on the miles day 2 (450x800)

Moral of the story: Accused is good, but not great. It fills the Serial sized hole in your heart (if you have one). The  story is unsolved but not as involved as Serial.

Did anyone else listen to this one?

It was a perfect morning for a run. I love Fall running. I think it’s the best season for long runs.

pile on the miles day 2 2 (450x800)

Post-run breakfast: eggs, tortillas and a side of Real Housewives of the OC. Damn those girls. Why can’t these ladies get along? Is it totally fake or fueled by the producers (it must be, I’m dumb for asking that, right?).

eggs and remote (800x450)

what now

who does that

Before my run this morning Vegas was begging for food so I filled up his bowl. But for whatever reason he thought it would be better to just eat from the tupperware I use to store his food. NOT.COOL.

i have a bad cat (450x800)

I feel like I am going to be a bad mom because I am super anti- cats on the table, but as soon as he got up there I took a picture instead of throwing him off. I need to stay consistent in my rules! (Unless it’s a super cute photo.)

I also let him attack the rotisserie chicken I bought the other day. I couldn’t pull the meat off because it was kinda gross (that never happens). I hate wasting food so I gave it to Vegas and told him it was Thanksgiving. (Don’t tell him it’s not really Thanksgiving, he really enjoys celebrating the holidays.)

chicken and cat (450x800)

I had a long day that included a very cathartic therapy session. That’s good! But now I’m dehydrated and exhausted.

The cure for all my woes?

Dark chocolate covered walnuts. Because they’re healthy. Winking smile

chocolate covered walnuts (450x800)

Pile on the Miles Day 2

*Pile on the Miles Challenge info/rules is here.*

Did you start off strong for day 1? Get on track and stay there – it’s only a 26 day challenge.

Show up for yourself.

running challenge blog

Leave a comment on this post with your POTM Check-In and you’ll be entered to win a pair of compression socks or sleeves from PRO Compression.

PRO Compression is sponsoring POTM this week. I am a huge fan because they help with recovery and fatigue – especially on longer runs. And they are hands down the most colorful, creative and cute compression socks you can find.

compression socks for running

running challenge blog prize

Check in on this post and you’ll be entered to win a pair of compression sock or sleeves of your choice (that’s not sold out obviously). Contest open to all. (If you live outside of their shipping area I will send them to you.)  Closes tomorrow at 9pm PST. Winners will be announced Sunday.

Leave a comment on this post with your check-in:

Did you run today? How much? Rest day? Other??

Disclaimer: ProCompression will provide the prizes for this week’s POTM challenge. All opinions are my own.

The post You Are Accused of Running Just Enough appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2016/11/02/you-are-accused-of-running-just-enough/

No comments:

Post a Comment