Wednesday 5 July 2017

Do Watermelons Float??

Hello! How was your 4th of July? Do anything awesome?

I did! I know it’s super basic of America but I got a big ol’ watermelon float for the pool! I feel like I had to get this or I’d regret it for the rest of my life (or at least the rest of the week).

watermelon float 9

Paired with my flag bikini I feel like I was patriotic af. (Note: I just use  ‘AF’ in writing and mostly ironically because of the What What Crappins podcast where they joked about the Vanderpump Rules peeps using it excessively.)

Okay. Random.

watermelon float 15

The moral of the story is: Yesterday I ate watermelon and floated on a watermelon and dreamt about becoming a watermelon farmer.

toast tuesday blog 4 (785x589)

Before all my watermelon fun I ran 10 miles in my ProCompression Stars & Stripes socks. I love dressing for a theme!

stars and stripes procompression socks 1 (442x589)

On 4th of July I have seen this big group of cyclists with flags attached to their helmets. And on Easter they have bunny ears! I love it. I’ve gotta tell them to get matching socks for next time. But I’d have to shout it super fast because they zoom past me!

stars and stripes procompression socks (785x589)

Post-run 4th of July flag toast!

toast tuesday blog 3 (785x589)

And on the way to my parents’ I stopped at Smart & Final to check out a few things for my SIL’s baby shower. We’re doing a candy table and I wanted to see if they had anything that would work.

In a happy coincidence I spotted this Cranberry Bread I always drool over, but have never bought – 50% off! Boom. It was meant to be. So I am finally going to try it. The slices are super THICK. I should make French Toast!

epic bread blog (785x589)

And in other food finds news…

I hit up Trader Joe’s last night and stocked up on all my favorites plus scored a few new items…

spinach & kale dip, cacao nibs, pistachios, rose, carrot spirals, cauliflower pizza crust (this kind is new to me), everything bagel seasoning, rose, veggies, balsamic dressing, sugar plum tomatoes, roasted cocoa nibs (new to me).

trader joes grocery haul (785x589)

I haven’t tried either rose, the roasted cocoa nibs or cauliflower crust yet.

But I’m super excited to try their Cauliflower Pizza Crust! I’m kind of surprised by the nutrition information though. It’s not straight up a veggie crust and I think the serving size is 6 pieces – but it looks pretty small. I’ll let ya know what I think.

trader joes cauliflower pizza crust (785x589)

I have a Cauliflower Pizza Crust Recipe here if you want to try an easy homemade kind.

Have a good one!

Question: If you could have ANY food be a big ol’ float what would it be?

A taco? A chocolate bar? A pizza?? A banana split?

The post Do Watermelons Float?? appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/07/05/do-watermelons-float/

No comments:

Post a Comment