Friday 8 September 2017

What I Learned This Week and a Reminder to Make Your Yearly Appt

Hello! How’s it going? Hope you’re safe. All the hurricane devastation from Harvey and now in Florida is sad and scary. Praying for everyone affected.

I’ve had a very busy week! And I learned a lot along the way. This is what I learned this week…

1. Running with music (and when I know I have an early appointment) makes me run faster!

food and running sept 6 (441x588)

2. Running in the heat makes me run slower.

food and running sept 13 (441x588)

3. I eat mangoes right after cutting it, standing over the counter like a savage. This one is from earlier today, but I also cut one at my parents’ house and my brother walked in the kitchen and said I was an animal. I am. And I don’t care, I love it.

mango (784x588)

4.  When you’re on Day 196 of a heat wave in southern California (give or take, I haven’t kept accurate count) smoothies are amazing for breakfast and snacks and post-lunch dessert. 

pb crunch smoothie (784x588)

5. The closest Drive-Thru Starbucks opens at 4:30am.

food and running sept (800x600)

6. Ocean air has stress relieving properties. I always feel so much better after a few deep breaths at the beach.

food and running sept 1 (784x588)

7. I didn’t really learn anything with this salad… but I did fill it up with tons of veggies. The protein is on the bottom.

food and running sept 7 (784x588)

8. Sweaty Betty sent me a pair of their leggings from way across the world aka anywhere not California aka in this specific instance – London.

I learned… I can wear leggings with a pattern!

Yes, I knew I technically could wear any leggings before but I NEVER do. I’m super hesitant to wear leggings with a pattern because it calls attention to my butt and thighs – which makes me self-conscious. But since the lovely Sweaty Betty team sent me these I really wanted to give them a test run.

And you know what? I was fine. I didn’t care half as much as I thought I would. Actually I didn’t care at all!

I had this idea that I’d be super uncomfortable if I ever wore colorful or patterned yoga pants or leggings. It was really no big deal. These are a little tight and I probably should go up a size – so there’s that. But I wasn’t worried about what I looked like or what people thought at all.

I usually don’t worry about what people think about how I look and mostly just didn’t want to put myself in a position where that was relevant to my life. I think it’s important to protect your mental health and body image. And if that means avoiding triggering or negative situations – do what’s best for you.

food and running sept 14 (800x800)

Update and reminder: I had a gyno appointment yesterday. Since I tested for HPV I’ve had to go more often to make sure it didn’t come back.

At first I was going every 3 months. But since I tested negative for HPV for a few visits in a row – I’m back to a yearly exam. It’s not fun but it’s really not a big deal either. It doesn’t hurt. It’s not awkward. It’s over pretty quick.

So, here’s a little PSA to take care of your body and schedule your check-up today if you haven’t had one this year. I should also do a full physical soon – so this is a reminder to me too!

food and running sept 2 (441x588)

Here’s my post on HPV

Here’s another post on a follow up appointment

Question: What did you learn this week?

The post What I Learned This Week and a Reminder to Make Your Yearly Appt appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/09/08/what-i-learned-this-week-and-a-reminder-to-make-your-yearly-appt/

No comments:

Post a Comment