Thursday 6 April 2017

Confessions of a Running Blogger–I didn’t take the stairs

Confession Thursday is back. Even though my first confession should be that last night I was hoping today was Friday so hard I almost made myself believe it. Dreams can come try if you believe hard enough, right?

Confession…

I ate 8 pounds of grapes in about 24 hours. I am a grape eating machine. If there are any grapes in my house I will eat them non-stop until they’re gone so I usually go to the grocery store at least 5 times a week and buy grapes.

Then, I eat them all and have to go back. I’m used to it and usually buy a semi-reasonable amount knowing I’ll eat them right away.

confession run blog 1 (460x613)

Confession…

Yes, I still eat grapes on the way home from the store even though they are dirty and I once found a black widow in my grapes. I am an addict and obviously willing to die for a grape fix.

confession run blog (800x600)

Confession…

I intended to stretch after my run this morning but laying on the floor with Vegas was more fun.

confession run blog 9 (800x600)

Confession…

I eat a snack while making a snack. I also eat a snack while making lunch. Today it was half an avocado on a tortilla with carne asada seasoning.

confession run blog 2 (800x600)

At least my lunch was healthy… I am so proud of myself for meal prepping!!

confession run blog 5 (800x600)

Confession…

This week I was talking to a new friend on the phone and they said that people are too obsessed with food. He went on a rant about how everyone is constantly preoccupied with food and food shows and he doesn’t get it. He wishes he could just eat once a day and not worry about it. And he gets frustrated you have to take time to cook and eat but get hungry again in a few hours anyway. (This is a mini-version of the rant.)

To which I said – I DON’T GET YOU AT ALL.

And kinda went on my own rant about how they don’t get me. I should have been open minded but food is kinda a big deal in my world. Next time I’ll consider another opinion.

Confession…

I kinda want to be friends with whoever buys this fancy peacock decoration statue. I want to go to a house that is super epic enough to have something like this… anyone? Invite me over!

confession run blog 6 (460x613)

Confession…

I did not take the stairs because I was running late to my doctor’s appointment this morning. Does guilt burn calories?

confession run blog 13 (800x600)

I had a check-in appointment for my HPV situation.  We’ll talk about that soon.

Confession…

After my appointment I hit up Dunkin Donuts because I felt like I deserved a treat after. It made me happy.

running on dunkin donuts (460x613)

Then, I shook up some fruit punch Spark when I got home. But the combo of both coffee and Spark within an hour  is going to have me bouncing off the walls!

Confession…

Despite my obsession with grapes I never buy Spark in Grape flavor. Is that a major fail? Do you get like that flavor??

confession run blog 11 (496x662)

Confession…

Skinny Runner sent me a box of chocolates because she feels really guilty about moving away. At least I think that’s why she sent them? Maybe it’s our friendiversary?! The point is – I still miss her. Which is kinda nice and also kinda means I need to make a new friend already!

All I know is these are amazing champagne truffles. This is what happiness tastes like…

chocolates from skinny runner (800x600)

Note: While writing this post a friend called and said they were waiting on a call from their boss that was 2 hours late. I said, “Is it urgent? Can it wait till Monday?” And they said – “You mean tomorrow? Friday.”

Yep. Apparently I still want to think it’s Friday.

Your turn – spill it. What do you have to confess?

The post Confessions of a Running Blogger–I didn’t take the stairs appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/04/06/confessions-of-a-running-blogger-i-didnt-take-the-stairs/

No comments:

Post a Comment