Sunday 30 April 2017

Hollywood Dinner by Curtis Stone

Hello! I just had the fanciest dinner and lunch and cooking lesson from Curtis Stone. What is going on? I guess no one knows I’m not fancy! I tried to pretend by hiding my doubts under my big hair…

bosch and curtis stone (800x600) 

I was in Los Angeles for a blog event with Bosch. The first night we had a private dinner made by Curtis Stone. (Please note I just wrote ‘my’ Curtis Stone instead of ‘by’ – busted!)

Dinner was at a super fancy home in the hills with the Hollywood sign in the background. It was AMAZING. The views of Los Angeles and the sign – amazing. The food – amazing. The private cooking lesson (that I made up in my head) – amazing.

bosch and curtis stone 1 (800x600)

That’s Downtown LA in the background.

bosch and curtis stone 2 (800x600)

And you might have heard about a little town in California called Hollyland or Hollytown or something like that, I can’t remember…

Hollywood!

bosch and curtis stone 4 (800x600)

“Cheers” to sneaking into fancy situations I have no business in…

bosch and curtis stone 8 (460x613)

Curtis Stone has two local restaurants and works with Bosch. He cooked dinner and walked us through one of the appetizers. I got a quick lesson in the walnut focaccia (it was delicious).

bosch and curtis stone 9 (800x600)

bosch and curtis stone 10 (460x613)

bosch and curtis stone 11 (800x600)

I was super scared to help but he put me on the grill – I don’t even own a grill! But then I realized this isn’t that crazy cooking show with the chef that yells at everyone. Whew!

So I womaned up and did my job.

bosch and curtis stone 23 (460x613)

bosch and curtis stone 22 (460x613)

I did it! I didn’t burn myself or the focaccia – and that’s all I got.

bosch and curtis stone 21 (345x613)

bosch and curtis stone 12 (800x600)

Curtis Stone is a super huge celebrity chef – but was the most down to earth, nice person. He was legit cooking and explaining everything to us and answering questions – it was a great night. I mean – I’m already a fan of good food and I love people who love food. This was perfection.

bosch and curtis stone 13 (460x613)

The theme of his restaurant is focused on walnuts right now so that was the focus of our meal. (They switch up the menu every month.)

bosch and curtis stone 14 (800x600)

bosch and curtis stone 15 (800x600)

bosch and curtis stone 16 (800x600)

bosch and curtis stone 17 (800x600)

Dessert was amazing and I have to note the little surprise…

It was a dairy free, gluten free cake. There was a chocolate walnut on top that was filled with banana mousse. It was amazing.

bosch and curtis stone 18 (460x613)

bosch and curtis stone 19 (460x613)

The night was gorgeous. It’s been super windy here – but that makes for clear skies.

bosch and curtis stone 20 (800x600)

And now I have a copy of Stone’s cookbook –Good Food Good Life. I’m excited to try a few new recipes.

Plus I’m pretty sure a side effect of making his food is that you start to develop an Australian accent. You can check out his website here – Curtis Stone.

image

Fun fact: If you say “rise up lights” fast it sounds like ‘razor blades’ with an Australian accent.

Question: Can you do an accent from another place? Which one? Do people believe it?

Me: nope. I wish I could do an Irish accent.

The post Hollywood Dinner by Curtis Stone appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/04/30/hollywood-dinner-by-curtis-stone/

No comments:

Post a Comment