Monday 29 May 2017

Motivation from Fellow Run Eat Repeaters

Hello! How’s it going? My neck feels so so soooo much better today! Thank you Ms. Masseuse and Mr. Frozen Veggies. It’s still the slightest bit tight and it makes me want to stretch it but I’m trying to be gentle – which is NOT my strength.

Ya know what is my strength though?

Eating cereal. And General Mills hooked me up. Love the Blueberry Chex. Love. The other one is good too – but Chex is my fave.

run half marathon training blog (800x600)

Another favorite is all the summer fruits! I love melon and yogurt and smoothies. I made a snack of honeydew with yogurt, nuts and blueberries.

run half marathon training blog 11 (800x600)

And I mentioned on my Instagram stories that I had these weird little bugs suddenly appear on my curtains!??! Well, I looked into it and they’re carpet beetles. What in the actual F. I don’t even have carpet. Not cool.

I did some research and they are easy to kill if you clean everything. Multiple sources said you don’t need poison or crazy sprays or fumigation to kill carpet beetles – just soap and water. But they eat fabric and cardboard so they can damage your clothes even if you don’t have carpet.

Since they started near the door in the kitchen I was so grossed out and put ALL the utensils in the dishwasher.

Then, I made a smoothie and realized I didn’t have anything to eat it with! Ha! I used an ice cream scoop. The other option was my rice server which I looked up and is called a shamoji. Isn’t that the most awesome word you learned this week??!!

run half marathon training blog 1 (460x613)

And I also washed all my clothes and the towels and bedding. It took over my entire weekend and I’m still working on cleaning out different random drawers and containers. Ugh. This makes you totally want to come over my house and hang out, right?

All I need is to lose the 1 friend I have!!

On the upside – I just ordered these drawer organizers so after I washed my running socks and compression socks I had this neat lil situation to put them in. I felt so type-A on top of life for 5 full minutes! Boom. This is a big deal for me! I’m usually wearing two different color socks and one of them is dirty and the other one has holes.

run half marathon training blog 25 (800x600)

This guy was NOT helpful in helping to clean or kill the bugs or really give me any sort of meaningful interaction that would make me feel validated.

run half marathon training blog 26 (800x600)

Speaking of the fur ball…

I feel like Vegas tracks his litter outside the litter box and I’m constantly having to sweep and/or step on it and say 4-letter-words in his direction.

I’ve tried different rugs and matts and locations – but it keeps happening. I thought maybe he’s just messy but my mom said maybe it’s the litter I’m using. What!? I didn’t even think of that so I bought this new hippie cat litter from Trader Joes – it’s pine cat litter. It looks very different from his usual litter – it’s like little brown pellets.

Has anyone tried this? I just switched out his old stuff for this (even though the bag says to transition slowly). We’ll see how it goes!

run half marathon training blog 29 (460x613)

When I get an email or comment or message from you it really makes me happy. I legit smile at the computer. Even the ones that call me the c-word. Hey, I don’t have any friends and a bug infestation – I’ll take what I can get!

Anyway. I really super love when you share your running updates and races and success stories. So I decided to save the RER Readers Running emails from last week and share them with ya! Congratulations to everyone running and working toward any goal. Keep it up! I’m super proud of you and it makes me really happy if I could help or support in anyway.

Run Eat Repeat readers running (800x671)

Run Eat Repeat Blog Reader Runner WINS:

Andrew ran his first 5K!

“It went well!! I finished in under 40min and that was my goal. I think I started too fast because I feel like I faded at the end. All in all it was a good first race and I can’t wait until the next one.”

Andrew Chaney first 5k

 

Amy ran her first half marathon & sent a picture of the race medal:

“Hi Monica! I am so excited I ran in my first half marathon today. Thank you for being so motivating and inspirational to me! My goal was to do it in under 2 1/2 hours. I did it in 2:16!!! Woo hoo! I ended up getting the garmin forerunner 35 because it has the wrist based heart monitor. I LOVE it- even though I’ve only used it this one time so far.

I am including pics. Am going online now to find another one to do! I have a 10K next month and am hoping to beat my 58 minute PR.

Oh and we got the coolest medals! The Ferris wheel spins!”

Amy first half marathon Chicago Spring Half Marathon

 

Karen sent me a note saying Run Camp helped push her to run her first 10K:

“I just wanted to contact you about my accomplishment after taking your training course. I trained and finished my first Disney 10k last weekend at age 62! Thanks for the motivation and jump start for my training. “

 

Tracey from Tracey’s Getting Fit left this comment on RER :

“This weekend I did a 5 mile run in Boston called The Run to Remember. I was nervous about not being able to do a full five miles. I’ve never run that far before. The most I did was 4.3 miles and that was back in January. I injured my back this winter (so I get the pain thing) and couldn’t run for a while and when I started running again, I just wasn’t into it. But I was able to pull it out of my hat and do the Run to Remember. I ran five miles. Whoo hoo!!! I know you run five miles just to warm up, but for me, that’s a super long run.”

 

Beki chimed in about her first half marathon  on Twitter after my Jeff Galloway post:

image

Keep it up!

If you have a Running Win or Success Story or Ran a Race you want to share – email me at RunEatRepeat  @gmail.com with “RER Reader Running” in the subject line and I’ll share it here. (If you want to reach out but NOT have it shared, that’s fine just let me know in the email. I still want to hear from ya.)

Running and Eating other places online …

6 Things to Expect at a Disney Race via Women’s Running Magazine

7 Common Running Fears and How to Conquer Them via  ACTIVE

 

Question: What summer food are you MOST excited about?

Have you tried a cool hippie cat litter I should know about?

The post Motivation from Fellow Run Eat Repeaters appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/05/29/motivation-from-fellow-run-eat-repeaters/

No comments:

Post a Comment