Tuesday 9 May 2017

What I Ate for Meatless Monday

Hello! Thank you for the support on my recent post. Seriously. Thank you. But I want to think about other things right now like… running and eating!

I want get back to doing Meatless Monday. Actually I don’t know if I ever did a ‘real’ meatless Monday since I stopped being vegetarian. Hmmm. Well, I want to try and eat vegetarian or maybe even vegan on Mondays kinda for health reasons and kinda for environmental reasons. We can talk about all that stuff another time. For now let’s just recap the food.

I started the day with iced coffee and a cat. I didn’t eat the cat – that wouldn’t have been very meatless of me. But I did snap a picture of his efforts to ignore me.

what i ate meatless monday 3 (460x613)

I also had this Mini Perfect Bar I got from the OC Half Marathon post-race loot. These are good.

what i ate meatless monday 2 (460x613)

I ran 6 miles – had to keep it short because I had a call scheduled for 8am. It’s hard to connect with people on the east coast when I run all morning, then eat and then I’m ready to talk and they’re ready to leave for the day.

Post-run / pre-call I had a green smoothie with protein powder, ice, almond milk, spinach. And I added tons of toppings because that’s my favorite part.

what i ate meatless monday 4 (460x613)

After my call I cleaned up my notes (it’s not a post coming soon).

Then, I was about to do a Beach Body on Demand workout when I realized I was freezing. Um, maybe I shouldn’t have had that massive green smoothie?

So, I pulled out the space heater and stood in front of it.  Plus I realized I needed a snack, preferably something salty.  I grabbed some popcorn and watched TV in front of the heater while eating popcorn. And I managed to make a mess…

I really am a super messy girl. I don’t know why?!?

I have a theory – I try to multi-task too much and so I don’t do one thing nice and neat. And I don’t make enough time to do things (like get ready to go somewhere) so I’m rushing and make a mess as I rush.

The point is I’m changing my name to Messican. Or changing the name of this blog. (Really, I’m probably not going to do either because I’m already distracted by something else…)

what i ate meatless monday 6 (800x600)

Lunch was a massive salad with eggs (they’re on the bottom of the bowl – it’s this thing I do now), and watermelon.

what i ate meatless monday 11 (800x600)

what i ate meatless monday 12 (800x600)

I also went out to pick up seltzer because I ran out and it’s a MUST HAVE. And I got a few bags of frozen veggies and Sriracha – also a must have.

what i ate meatless monday 7 (800x600)

what i ate meatless monday 8 (800x600)

And I hit up the 99 cent store for grapes – which I promptly ate all of even though I bought over 2 pounds of them and they were dirty. Oh well.

I don’t have a picture of the grapes, but I did get one of this snack I scored there – Crunchy Chickpeas. I love roasted chickpeas!!

what i ate meatless monday 9 (460x613)

After lunch I really wanted to make a dent in my email so I set my timer for 45 minutes and put my phone on DND.  I’ve heard doing ONE thing for 45 minutes and then giving yourself a break is a good way to be productive. And I had some Spark to help me be extra energized and productive!!

what i ate meatless monday 5 (460x613)

At some point I looked over at and saw Vegas randomly laying in the middle of the floor like this…

what i ate meatless monday 10 (800x600)

As I was making dinner I snacked on Lazy Guacamole. It is amazing.

what i ate meatless monday 1 (800x600)

Dinner was roasted cauliflower and a frozen chicken teriyaki bowl thing. No pictures because my hands were happily covered in guac.

I had a Quest Bar for dessert. I think my new favorite flavor is the Oatmeal Chocolate Chip. Cut it in 3 pieces and bake it at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes. Trust me.

And Vegas decided to randomly climb up on my pansa and purr really loud for a few minutes so I had to take a picture. But he was so close I couldn’t get a good one!

what i ate meatless monday (496x662)

Running Articles

aka other Running stuff you can check out because I wrote it and think you should…

Why Runners Have a LOVE / HATE Relationship with Running    – via Women’s Running by RER

5 Reasons to Run with Your Mom   –  via ACTIVE by RER

 

Question: Did you have meat for breakfast – besides eggs?

The post What I Ate for Meatless Monday appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/05/09/what-i-ate-for-meatless-monday/

No comments:

Post a Comment