Tuesday 27 December 2016

A List of Things That Are Sick

You know what’s sick?

Everything, me included.

Not in a good way. I am sick! Boo.

How am I sick??!

When I feel like I’m getting sick I can usually fight it off by taking massive amounts of Vitamin C and getting extra sleep. Does the trick 89% of the time! But with Christmas Eve and Christmas festivities and being busy and maybe a little frazzled… it got me. I’m sick.

I have been waking up with a super dry throat so I used my aroma therapy machine thing to help keep the air moist overnight. I filled it up with eucalyptus essential oils too. But I don’t think this tiny lil thing is strong enough to blast me full of moisture.

california run blog dec 2 (450x800)

I love that it’s so pretty and changes colors too. It’s like a little night light spitting koala breath at me.

koala farts

This is the same one but for some reason it’s in a 2 pack. I move mine around to whatever room I’m in, yes that is kinda inconvenient but not impossible.

california run blog dec (450x800)

 

I still got up to run this morning because:

A.) I like it.

B.) I follow the “If it’s in your chest, you must rest” rule of whether or not you should run while sick. And it’s not in my chest.

C.) If I get off my routine I feel weird and start questioning my entire life.

Anyway.

I actually had a really good run. It felt good to get fresh air and running makes my nose run, which was actually pleasant. And maybe gross / TMI?

When I got back home I did some BeachBody On Demand strength work courtesy of 21 Day Fix while watching Ladies of London.

Side note: How do all these fancy reality TV girls drink so much and stay so skinny?

beach body on demand workout 1 (450x800)

Then, I let the sickness overtake me and wrote my last will and testament.

Not really. I have a ton to do right now!!

So I loaded up on Ricola drops, Vitamin C, Spark, apples (just because I have a lot of them) and got to work.

california run blog dec 3 (450x800)

I also scored a kombucha on Manager’s Special and I’m hoping it helps give me secret bacteria powers that fight off whatever germs are hanging out in my body.

Also sick: I gave Ben a kombucha a few weeks ago when his stomach was feeling off and it didn’t help at all and then his neck started to hurt. He said he had meningitis that can be traced back to the particular strain of bacteria in the kombucha. Ha!

california run blog dec 5 (450x800)

Also sick: My phone and/or auto correct.

I text my brother earlier and for some reason my phone suggested the full on F word twice.

autocorrect f word

This afternoon I headed to my parents’ house for the night. They went out of town and needed someone to hang out with my little brother.

The dogs were happy to have someone different to bug.

california run blog dec 6 (450x800)

Or, maybe I’m the one that bugs them??

california run blog dec 8 (800x450) california run blog dec 9 (800x450)

I snacked on a Quest Bar when I got here for ‘dessert’. I am maybe considering kinda sorta cutting back on the Christmas treats now. Except eggnog because that’s going to go bad and really is only here for a limited time.

Reminder: Cut up your Quest Bar in 3 or 4 pieces. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. If you eat them while still warm it’s like a cookie. Enjoy!

california run blog dec 11 (800x450)

And finally…

Also sick: My laptop.

When I got here and tried to work the internet would NOT connect at all. I tried everything. And I use the wifi here all the time.

I also tried a hotspot on my phone. I restarted. I cried. I cussed. I restarted again. I disconnected and reconnected. Nope.

california run blog dec 7 (450x800)

And that’s why this post is super late. Because my laptop and my body and my phone are all sick. The end.

Question: Are you making sure to get enough sleep and vitamins right now? What do you do to prevent getting sick or get over it fast?

The post A List of Things That Are Sick appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2016/12/27/a-list-of-things-that-are-sick/

No comments:

Post a Comment