Monday 26 December 2016

Top 10 Moments of Christmas 2016

Hello! How was your weekend? How was your Christmas?? Mine was great because it involved a lot of running and eating and spending time with my family. I like them. Here are some of the highlights of my Christmas…

merry christmas from run eat repeat blog

Top 10 Moments of Christmas 2016

1. Run! I ran 10 miles Christmas morning because…

A.) I didn’t have any other plans / little ones to open presents with.

B.) I like running.

It was COLD again Christmas morning!! That’s not my super favorite, but I’m glad it’s just cold and there’s no rain or wind.

christmas pics blog

2. This small gift I think is great for EVERYONE including but not limited to : the person who has everything, guys, girls, moms, dads, dog owners, runners, bakers, nose pickers, rocket scientists, baristas, Type A personalities, Type B blood types…

I am obsessed with Chico Bags. They’re reusable shopping bags that tuck into a small pouch.

The Vita Bag version (they have an original too) opens up BIG and can hold up to 40 pounds. Even the grocery baggers are impressed when I pull out this tiny pouch, pull out the bag and tell them “it’s super strong, just put everything in here…”.

present for everyone

California has a new law that now requires grocery stores to charge you for bags so we really need these around here.

3. After my run and breakfast I gathered all the gifts and food I was taking to my parents’ and got on the way. I feel like I’m getting sick so I had to really rally to get it together. Ugh. I’m trying to right it off.

christmas presents fun 5

4. My Christmas Stocking!

One of my mom’s friends made me and my brother these bear Christmas stockings when we were little. We’ve used them every year since I can remember. And Santa filled up my stocking this year! Love this!

christmas presents fun

christmas presents fun 1

5. After checking out our stockings my lil brother, mom and I went to visit my Grams.

me and brother blog

(Before it times out – check out the quick Instagram video I made in the car with him.)

My Grams just moved into a new place they day before Christmas eve and this is the only picture up in her room right now. It’s not a good picture of me, and I don’t even remember when this was. I’m guessing it was from her birthday years ago… I think it’s around sophomore year of college? Anyway. It’s me with more weight and less eyebrows.

fat pictures at grams

6. General Mills sent me a package of goodies with all the ingredients to make a Cranberry Pistachio Trail Mix. I made it this morning to bring and share with everyone. For such a last minute treat it was a big hit! I added cinnamon to the recipe and dark chocolate covered pretzels.

cheerios trail mix

I also brought over my chocolate chip bread…

chocolate chip bread food blog 1

And my parents’ neighbors continued their Christmas morning tradition and brought over brownies.

pioneer woman lasagna recipe 3

7. The Pioneer Woman Lasagna I made yesterday was the main dish for dinner. We’ve never done lasagna before and I was a little nervous it wouldn’t be great. It’s hard when you can’t taste something before you serve it to other people! (Okay… plus I used ground turkey and turkey sausage instead of beef.)

pioneer woman lasagna recipe 2

Since it had been refrigerated it took a lot longer than the 20-30 minutes recommended on the recipe. We baked it for just under and hour and it was perfect.

And my family thought it was GREAT!! Yah!!!

pioneer woman lasagna recipe 1

8. My brother said, “This is really good!” (yes, kind of surprised.)

So I decided to snap a picture of my brothers enjoying it and they both acted like it was gross. Ha!

new recipe brother reaction blog

Awwww, c’mon… okay that’s better.

new recipe brother reaction blog 1

9. I eat eggnog with a spoon. Does anyone else do this?

how i eat eggnog 3

10. My favorite tiny person is adorable. But her hair is always in her face and she refuses to put a clip in it to hold it out of her face (she is cool with a  ponytail a lot of the time). I didn’t have a tiny rubberband so I tried to get her to agree to a clip.

Nope. It wasn’t going to happen. I tried to:  force her, reason with her, bribe her, trick her, beg her, negotiate, pay her… nope.

how to get a 3 year old to do something 2

I spent the longest time fawning over all the clips we had. She played along and was all about me putting them in my hair, but not hers.

how to get a 3 year old to do something 4

Then, I found a bobby pin with ‘diamonds’ on it. SOLD! She knows what’s up.

how to get a 3 year old to do something

She is super into opening presents and gets so excited no matter what’s inside! Love it.

opening presents christmas fun

Question: What was the BEST thing you did or ate or saw or felt this weekend?

The post Top 10 Moments of Christmas 2016 appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2016/12/26/top-10-moments-of-christmas-2016/

No comments:

Post a Comment