Friday 23 December 2016

Hungry Runner Girl Brings Rain to SoCal

Hello! How’s it going? Are you ready for Dec 24th? I still need to wrap and have a few gifts to drop off around SoCal to my family.

hungry runner girl blog meeting

I started my day with a run. But not a usual run because this morning – it was RAINING. In Orange County. This has happened way too often for SoCal this month. What is up with that?

hungry runner girl blog meeting 8 (450x800)

Luckily, it’s not really cold so I had a pretty good lil 8 miler outside.

I don’t mind the rain from the sky, but the puddles are impossible to avoid on the running path. This wasn’t on the path – just right outside my door. There were spots on my run that were completely flooded on the path and I just ran right through them. Splish-splash!! There was no avoiding it, so I just embraced it.

hungry runner girl blog meeting 10 (800x450)

If you have been reading RER for a while you know that SkinnyRunner was my only friend / running buddy / race photographer / personal Uber to races and general partner in crime (if running too much is a crime).

Anyway.

She blogged for years and ran super fast and one day just mic dropped and moved back to Alaska where she grew up (or somewhere up north, I haven’t really paid attention).

I made this Christmas card to send out to all my friends to commemorate last year’s PCRF Irvine Half Marathon.

hungry runner girl blog meeting 2 (800x450)

But since she is MIA I have been forced to find a new friend.

Surprisingly, my Craigslist ad titled “I NEED A FRIEND TO RUN 22 MILES WITH ME OH GOD PLEASE HELP ME I’M SO LONELY” didn’t get any responses? Weird.

Luckily, Hungry Runner Girl is in town for Christmas and came over to talk me through this crisis. She is the BEST!

Janae and Andrew brought the rain to SoCal. It’s like that sensible gift you need, but don’t want… like socks. Rain is like socks to Southern California. We need it, but would kinda rather deal with the drought and not have to deal with driving in rain traffic. Thanks guys!

Really though – Janae used to come to SoCal a few times a year and we’d meet up and eat fro-yo and not run (because she’s super fast). We’ve known each other for years and I consider her the nicest person I know and a friend. She’s here for Christmas with Andrew and I’m super happy they came over to hang out!

hungry runner girl blog meeting (450x800)

I put out some Costco essentials for us to have for lunch. I should have cooked for them since they’re away from home, but it is crazy over here in RER-land because of Christmas and upcoming travel plans and stuff.

hungry runner girl blog meeting 4 (800x450)

I did made Chex Mix for the first time ever! And I had Janae and Andrew taste test it, so it’s kind of like I made something for them?

I am sending it to Ben’s family because he Grandma used to make it every year and send it to them for Christmas. His dad loves it and it’s a tradition. But his grandparents live in a place where she can’t cook/bake now. When I spotted the “free” seasoning packet at the store the other day it popped in my mind to make it and send it to them.

hungry runner girl blog meeting 3 (800x450)

I also decorated because I was having visitors…

hungry runner girl blog meeting 7 (450x800)

Yep, that’s it.

Vegas got this stocking last year from a cat food company. Isn’t it cute?

He is a lil naughtly though and Santa Claws might fill it with coal. Or what is the cat equivalent of coal?

hungry runner girl blog meeting 11 (800x450)

After Team Hungry Runner Girl left I caught up on email and then got started on baking!

chocolate chip quick bread food blog 3 (800x450)

I decided to go with Chocolate Chip Bread. I also had a box of brownie mix that I made since I was already in baking mode. Randomly, the brownies came out kind of dry? I followed the box directions so I have no idea why.

chocolate chip quick bread food blog (800x450) chocolate chip quick bread food blog 2 (800x450)

Question: Do you have a running buddy?

A work or school best friend?

A favorite person who doesn’t live close but is still one of your closest friends?

The post Hungry Runner Girl Brings Rain to SoCal appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2016/12/23/hungry-runner-girl-brings-rain-to-socal/

No comments:

Post a Comment