Sunday 25 December 2016

Ugly Sweater ProCompression Socks Blog

Hello! Merry Christmas!! Happy Hanukkah! How are you? Celebrating right now (but taking a break from your family checking your phone)? Act like this is a work email.

Here’s a little peek into my Christmas Eve – it’s been full of running and eating and repeating a lot of last minute errands and wrapping that popped up.

pro compression socks running blog (450x800)

It’s super cold in the morning so I stalled for a bit checking Instagram and Facebook while the sun came up before I ran.

I made hot coffee, iced coffee and Spark. I like a lot of beverages.

pre long run o2 supplement (450x800)

Finally I was brave enough to head outside for 12 miles. The good thing about winter (at least in SoCal) is the colder temps make it a little easier to run long distance. My hands were cold but it wasn’t super bad after a mile of warming up.

running pro compression socks blog (450x800)

running pro compression socks blog 1 (800x450)

running pro compression socks blog 2 (800x450)

I was sporting the new Ugly Sweater style Pro Compression socks to celebrate Christmas Eve. This is such a fun idea!

pro compression socks running blog 2 (450x800)

Last night I went out to dinner at a Peruvian place. We had an interesting appetizer of cold cheese sauce on top of pieces of potato. It was good, but not what I was expecting by the description. I’m down for anything that involves potato though.

And I got a tamale because I am seriously craving them right now! Tamales are the best seasonal food for Mexicans, or at least Monicans.

peruvian tamale (800x450)

Today after my run and eat I got to Operation: Lasagna

I actually haven’t been home for Christmas in years.

(Note: I was home 2 years ago, but that was weeks after Ben and I had a split situation and it was a really rough, weird time for me so I was kinda here and kind of not. Just clarifying in case anyone remembers that random holiday and want to share that some years are rough but we get through them.)

Anyway.

I haven’t been home for Christmas in years and all I want to eat is tamales. But my mom said they had basically OD-ed on tamales and wanted something else. So it popped in my head to make lasagna and I was suddenly on a mission. I spent time looking for other ideas, but was really set on lasagna for some reason.

I decided to make Pioneer Woman’s Best Lasagna Recipe. It is easy to follow and has ingredients I was familiar with. Plus, she is really the best cook/blogger/baker/redhead/ cinnamon roller recipe writer (I made them last year and they were a big hit).

I’m really excited about this, but it did make a my tiny kitchen a disaster area.

pioneer woman lasagna christmas blog 7 (800x450)

pioneer woman lasagna christmas blog 5 (800x450)

Once the meat and noodles were done it was time to assemble! I think I’ve made lasagna before, but I can’t remember for sure. Hmmm.

I laid out all the noodles per PW’s directions and got to stacking. It was easy, but time consuming and messy. Luckily it wasn’t anything  major.

pioneer woman lasagna christmas blog 4 (450x800)

pioneer woman lasagna christmas blog 2 (800x450)

I don’t have a picture of the final product but the pan is super heavy. We’re going to bake it for dinner tomorrow.

I also wrapped presents. That required a little inspiration in the form of vodka and mango sparkling ice.

red dress what im wearing blog 5 (800x450)

And I opened up my tupperware with “Winter Clothes” just in time! I totally forgot what was in there. I found a bunch of sweaters I hadn’t thought about in a year and a few holiday dresses. This simple red dress is super flattering, which is really my only requirement before I decide to wear something.                                                     

red dress what im wearing blog 2 (600x800)

I’m hoping Santa brings you everything you’ve ever dreamt about. I just want some sleep.

red dress what im wearing blog (450x800)

Question: What are you doing this holiday? Do you see your family on Christmas Eve?

The post Ugly Sweater ProCompression Socks Blog appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2016/12/25/ugly-sweater-procompression-socks-blog/

No comments:

Post a Comment