Wednesday 21 December 2016

Is It Just Like Riding a Bike?

Hi! Today was fun because I had a little lunch date to get Thai food with a friend. The only slight bump in my day was that it started raining mid-morning, which made me have to change my first tennis lesson (!). I randomly bought a Groupon for a tennis racket and a few lessons a few weeks ago. I have no idea why, but I’m rolling with it.

christmas time blog (600x800)

Thai food never disappoints! I think this is my second favorite kind of food.

chocolate chips food blog 7 (800x450)

thai food lunch blog (800x450)

After lunch I ran some errands and hit up Costco to pick up a photo order. I made a lil gift for someone!

I also enjoyed a sample of a freshly made brownie. This was perfect.

brownies costco food blog (450x800)

But I touched my mouth and realized I had chocolate on my face. I eat enthusiastically.

So, I checked it with my selfie cam. I can’t decide if this is better or worse than using a mirror, but I didn’t have one.

chocolate chips food blog 6 (600x800)

I am going to bake some goodies tomorrow and had one more ingredient to buy… chocolate chips.

I need the mini-chips but there was only one bag of the Toll House mini-morsels left at the store. So, I got one of that kind and one Ghirardelli.

Note – the Toll House bag is cheaper and has more in it. I think it’s 10oz vs. 12oz.

chocolate chips food blog 2 (800x450)

So, I did a little taste test to see if the Ghirardelli was worth the extra cost.

Both were good and creamy. The Toll House seemed to melt easier and were creamier. I don’t know if they’ll bake the same, but the TH was better than or equal to the Ghirardelli chocolate chips.

Verdict: Nope. Not worth the extra price.

chocolate chips food blog 1 (800x450)

chocolate chips food blog (800x450)

I also got a free packet of Chex mix seasoning. It was right along with the Chex cereal. Boom. Now I might have to make this soon. After baking though, because if I put that off any longer I’m going to eat all the chocolate chips…

chex mix free seasoning (450x800)

So, you say “It’s just like riding a bike” when you’re trying to say you’ll never forget how to do something, right?

Well, what else is ‘just like riding  a bike’? I’m asking because I kind of want one of those automatic wine opener things.

But I’m also worried about forgetting how to open a bottle of wine.

It’s not that big of a deal – until you do it wrong and break half the cork off in the bottle and then try to carefully break the top off of the wine bottle and fail and now have a mess and now wine. Allegedly.

chocolate chips food blog 5 (800x450)

Question: Is there anything else that’s like riding a bike? Is everything like riding a bike? What would we actually forget how to do?

The post Is It Just Like Riding a Bike? appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2016/12/21/is-it-just-like-riding-a-bike/

No comments:

Post a Comment