Sunday 4 December 2016

Lexus Lace Up Half Marathon in Riverside

Hello! I just had the busiest weekend! I went to New Orleans for the Shiftcon Blog Conference and then got back just in time to run the Lexus Lace Up Riverside Half Marathon! I’ll blog about Shiftcon tomorrow. Today we’re just talking about the race… did you race or run this weekend?

I’ve run the Lexus Lace Up Irvine 10K before, but haven’t done this race in their series before. They have four different races around SoCal. This race is the last one for the year but I’ll try and get ya a discount code for next year if you want to come run.

The Riverside race has a 5K, 10K and Half Marathon. It’s a fairly small race on a quiet course. It was cool today, but just about perfect for running 13.1 miles.

lexus lace up riverside half marathon 17

This morning I woke up around 4:30am to get ready. I needed some extra time to factor in a.) getting lost (always do) and b.) picking up my bib.

lexus lace up riverside half marathon 10 (450x800)

I love that they allow race day packet pick-up. This is one of my favorite things because I don’t know if you’re aware of this but Southern California has one teeny tiny drawback = the traffic makes you want to die. Literally get out of your car, climb on the roof and ask God to kindly beam you up to Heaven so you don’t pee in your pants since you’ve been sitting in traffic for 2 hours inching along.

Anyway.

Dear All Race Directors, Please let us pick-up our packets on race day. Thank you. xoxoxoxo, Monican.

lexus lace up riverside half marathon 9 (800x450)

Right before the race I saw Santa Claus!!

i know him

I took a picture with him and told him what I want for Christmas. My list includes unlimited free race entries, a year’s supply of Spark, 22 puppies and IG to come out with a filter that hides under-eye bags. Unfortunately he thought that was weird and it became awkward quick.

lexus lace up riverside half marathon 7 (450x800)

I saw Pam and Linzie at the start line too!

lexus lace up riverside half marathon 13 lexus lace up riverside half marathon 4 (800x450)

The course was on a bike path, mostly asphalt. There was a short section through a neighborhood too. I think it was pretty, but quiet.

Just before the race I checked out the course elevation profile (nothing like waiting till the last minute). It had a few good rolling hills and a two steep ones, but I thought the profile looked harder than it was.

lexus lace up riverside half marathon 6 (450x800) lexus lace up riverside half marathon 5 (800x450)

I felt pretty good during the race. But I had a weird issue with my music. For some reason it just stopped playing 3 times?? I don’t know if I picked a playlist that wasn’t downloaded on my phone or what, but I had to try to switch it while running which was pretty hard.

Lexus Lace Up Riverside  half marathon finish time: 1:47:28. I’m happy with it.

lexus lace up riverside half marathon 16 (450x800)

 

lexus lace up riverside half marathon 3 (450x800)

The Lexus Lace Up Race Series has a ton of perks. If you use their Instagram handle during the race they print out the picture. Then, you can stop by the Instagram Print Shop and pick it up! I got my Santa pic.

lexus lace up riverside half marathon (800x450)

They printed out my Santa picture! This is going to be my Christmas card.

lexus lace up riverside half marathon 1 (450x800)

And every runner gets a ticket for a beer (typical at races) AND a meal from a fancy food truck! They bring out a few different food trucks and you get to order something from any of them.

lexus lace up riverside half marathon 2 (800x450)

Good food just puts the cherry on top of a good race, am I right? I got a chimchurri bowl with chicken, beans, rice and their fancy sauce.

image

(The Piaggio Truck)

Question: Did you run or race this weekend? What was the BEST part of your weekend?

The post Lexus Lace Up Half Marathon in Riverside appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2016/12/04/lexus-lace-up-half-marathon-in-riverside/

No comments:

Post a Comment