Monday 19 June 2017

Don’t Take Lemonade From Strangers Unless They’re Hungry Runner Girl’s Friends

runner blog orange county (800x800)

I know you’re not supposed to take candy from strangers, but can you take lemonade? Does it depend on the circumstances?

For example – don’t take a drink from a stranger unless it’s super hot and you’re in the middle of a run? Yes. Let’s make that the rule.

This morning I woke up and sipped Blue Raspberry Spark while getting ready to run (aka checking Instagram and putting on sublock). I got this flavor in the variety pack and like it. I don’t know why they don’t sell variety packs all the time – it was just a special thing for the holidays. Next time I’ll get more.

blue raspberry spark (460x613) spark variety pack (800x600)

Anyway.

I was running along and hit my turnaround point when I spotted a sign – Mormonade! What is Mormonade?

I had no idea but I was going to find out.

mormon lemonade run (800x600)

Just around the corner there was a table covered with cups of lemonade and some pamphlets. Behind the table two guys were sitting there and said ‘hello’ right away. These were Mormon missionaries and I guess their mission is to hand out lemonade to runners. I dig it!

mormon lemonade run blog 1 (800x600)

So I stopped, sipped and chatted. One of my top favorite people / running bloggers / friends / donut lovers – Hungry Runner Girl, is Mormon. So naturally I asked them if they knew her.

AND THEY DID!!

Just kidding. But that would have been epic, right?

I asked where they are from and since one of the guys is from Utah I mentioned her though. Ha!

We had a lil talk and I had some water. They really are the nicest people.

mormon lemonade run blog (460x613)

It was the perfect timing for some hydration and a break. But I had to get back to running since it was getting hotter and hotter by the second.

13 mile run (460x613)

Post-run I finished up the watermelon while making a smoothie. Eating while making something or cooking is basically  multi-tasking, which helps you accomplish more (or eat more) – multi-eating.

watermelon and smoothie (460x613)

My painter was finishing up last night and I made one of the Hello Fresh dinners I got to share. I didn’t realize it was coming and didn’t have the chance to update my meal preferences. This wouldn’t have been something I would have chosen but thought it was good.

hello fresh dinner (800x600)

And in the most perfect timing of America – I got a delivery from Enlightened of a bunch of their pints of ice cream yesterday!! It’s so HOT and ice cream helps.

enlightened ice cream review (800x600)

I tried the fudge brownie and triple chocolate last night. Oh. Oh yeah!! This is so good stuff.

enlightened ice cream chocolate (800x600)

I also got a new invisalign liner. I need to do an update on video to let ya know my thoughts. I’m still not used to it. My liners are kinda big. I told the dentist guy and he just kinda agreed. Ha! I know they can’t do anything about it. It’s not my dentist’s fault at all – it’s just how they’re designed. And it’s different for everyone. But still, I just wanted to share my thoughts when them.

invisalign thoughts (460x613)

I spent the rest of the day trying to get organized. I had to take EVERYTHING out of the closets. EVERYTHING.

And for some reason everything expanded when I pulled stuff out of the closets. Weird how that happens. I’m still in the process of putting things back, setting aside things I don’t need, considering storing Vegas until the winter…

cat in a box (460x613)

When I was buying storage supplies I got a lil turn-table thing for my vitamins and supplements. This is my favorite new thing! They would always fall over every time I grabbed one.

runner supplements and vitamins (460x613)

Question: Would you take lemonade from a stranger?

What was the BEST thing you did or ate this weekend?

The post Don’t Take Lemonade From Strangers Unless They’re Hungry Runner Girl’s Friends appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/06/18/dont-take-lemonade-from-strangers-unless-theyre-hungry-runner-girls-friends/

No comments:

Post a Comment