Monday 26 June 2017

How to Make Chickpeas in the CrockPot and 10 Random Things

1. My hair got crazy tangled on Catalina and probably on the boat ride back yesterday. This morning my usual runner braids were crazy ratty.

crazy runner hair (785x589)

2. I’m excited about eating everything in the form of Red, White and Blue foods for the next week. I’m a situational dresser and apparently I’m a situational eater too!

red white and blue oatmeal 3

3. I made trail mix for Catalina, or as my lil brother calls it – M&Ms with obstacles.

making chickpeas in the crockpot 4 (785x589)

4. I don’t know what kind of melon this is – but I got it from the 99 cent store and it was delicious. I think it’s a golden melon, but I’m not sure.

making chickpeas in the crockpot 3 (785x589)

5. I ate one of the ingredients from my latest Blue Apron delivery before making the meal! So busted. I replaced it, but still I feel like I should be embarrassed.

plum from blue apron (442x589)

6. I went to Costco today and this quesadilla sample is the best part of my day so far!

costco samples

7. A few people have asked if I really like the Squatty Potty.

Yes. I do. I’m a fan.

Fun fact: The company contacted me a few years ago to potentially review the Squatty Potty and I turned it down. I thought it was weird. But since going to China I really think that’s the way to go. Literally.

is the squatty potty worth it (442x589)

8. I really was hoping I could use this seasoning instead of Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel seasoning. I love the Everything Bagel stuff but I already use a lot of salt in my food and don’t want to start using this a lot (which is what would happen because I don’t do moderation). It’s not as good but I’m working on a few different spice combinations for this.

garlic and herb popcorn (460x613)

9. I’m still dealing with the Moth Ball situation of 2017. I for sure made myself sick from them and am still washing everything in vinegar to get the smell out and then washing it regular style. I was taking a pic of my Spark and the blankets in the background when Vegas photo-bombed. I love when he does that.

moth balls and spark (442x589)

10. I’m not super into any reality show in particular right now but Southern Charm is on as I’m writing this because I allow myself to turn on the TV after 5pm PST. Every now and then I’ll get super into a show, but I’m just whatever about all of them. I do like the Southern Charm Savannah people too so I watch that one sometimes too.

But I’ve started to watch Mad Men so we’ll see how that goes!

 

Making Chickpeas in the CrockPot

I watched What the Health last week. I didn’t love it and have some conflicting thoughts on it. But I do think it’s extremely important to eat well to feel good. I want to get back into eating more plant protein instead of animal protein so I made a massive amount of chickpeas!

I soaked them overnight in water:

making chickpeas in the crockpot 2 (785x589)

This morning I put them in the crockpot with water and tons of onions and garlic. I set it on low for about 5 hours. Cook until they are your desired firmness (softness?). It depends on your crockpot and how much you’re cooking.

making chickpeas in the crockpot 1 (785x589)

I strained them and set them aside to cool before covering and putting it in the fridge.

Oh, and I added salt and ate some with lunch.

making chickpeas in the crockpot (800x600)

I’m a fan of making beans in the crockpot! It’s so much easier than watching it on the stove.

Now I need to make hummus or chickpea salad or falafel! I’ll probably just eat them all straight though – I really love chickpeas. A lot.

Question: What are you having for dinner tonight?

Me: I think quinoa with chickpeas and a package of frozen veggies. It needs hummus though!

The post How to Make Chickpeas in the CrockPot and 10 Random Things appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/06/26/how-to-make-chickpeas-in-the-crockpot-and-10-random-things/

No comments:

Post a Comment