Thursday 31 August 2017

Chocolate Overnight Oats and Chocolate Yogurt

Hello! How’s it going? Over here it’s going HOT and sweaty. California has a lil heat wave going on – but that is no big deal. What is a big deal is Hurricane Harvey and all the devastation left behind. Sending prayers to everyone affected. And if you want to help check here for info on how to donate –>

Red Cross Hurricane Harvey Relief

Charity Navigator

How to help animals impacted by Hurricane Harvey

Tucker and Vegas wanted me to share that last link to help animals in the area.

cats dont wake up (442x589) snacks and a puppy (478x638)

I scored that soft baked oatmeal square at the 99 Cent Store. Anything that says ‘dark chocolate’ goes in my basket. It’s a rule.

Speaking of chocolate…  I just tried two kinds of chocolate yogurt by Oikos! I wanted to compare them for ya so you can pick the one that suits your chocolate taste buds. It’s a hard job but someone has to do it.

chocolate yogurt review (785x589)

Oikos – Mayan Chocolate Yogurt

150 calories / 5g fat / 0g fiber / 13g sugar / 11g protein

There’s a little bit of a hint of cinnamon or an earthy spice to it. I liked it but prefer their Chocolate Greek yogurt.

 

Oikos – Triple Zero Greek Yogurt

120 calories / 0 fat / 6g fiber / 6g sugar / 15g protein

Creamy, thick and not too sweet. It’s good but not a dessert replacement.

But either of these work as the base for chocolate overnight oatmeal. Boom. Chocolate for breakfast!

chocolate overnight oats (533x800)

Creamy Chocolate Overnight Oats

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup quick cook oats
  • 1 container chocolate  yogurt
  • 1/4 cup milk (add more as needed, remember it will thicken as they set)
  • dash: cinnamon & salt (and more sweetener if needed)
  • toppings: chia seeds, banana, mini chocolate chips, nuts, PB…

Directions: Mix this up the night before and let set. Then, stir and add toppings before serving.

Combine oats, yogurt and milk. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

In the morning… stir and top with your favorite oatmeal toppings. Enjoy!

chocolate yogurt oats (785x589)

In other running and eating news…

Here are my “Boom!” and “Boo.” updates for today:

Running has been challenging with the heat this week. Usually it cools off in the morning and evening here but it’s too hot for much relief right now. But the heat has helped me get back on an earlier running schedule which I’ve been trying to do for the longest time now. I have to run early or I’ll melt! Boom!

morning run with chocolate (442x589)

And I randomly turned off my Garmin at some point in my run yesterday because I’m pretty sure I did a 10 mile route and only ended up with 9 miles. Boo.

9 mile run (442x589)

I have two matching steel cups – one I use for iced coffee and one I use for Spark everyday.

One afternoon this week I grabbed my cup, took a big swig thinking it was Spark but it turned out to be day old watered down iced coffee. I had grabbed coffee while out that morning so that was from the day before! Plus, Spark is pretty sweet so it just threw my taste buds off for a second. Ha! Boo.

swig of spark (785x589)

I made the last of those Zucchini Noodles from Costco last night. I cooked ground chicken, added sauce and put them over the heated zoodles. Boom.

zucchini noodles and ground chicken (785x589)

My friend Tucker is not feeling his Police Dog Halloween Costume. Boo.

sleeping on the job (442x589)

I really do love all the running paths around where I live. I’m very grateful for that! Boom!

run the numbers (442x589)

This watermelon was super sweet AND had the thinnest little rind! Boom!

skinny watermelon rind (442x589)

Question: What’s your Boom! or Boo. today?

The post Chocolate Overnight Oats and Chocolate Yogurt appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/08/31/chocolate-overnight-oats-and-chocolate-yogurt/

No comments:

Post a Comment