Sunday 20 August 2017

Good Bye and Hello

I gave the eulogy at my grandma’s funeral yesterday. I thank God I’ve never had to do that before. I’m sad but it’s an honor to be the one to talk about her a little. It’s kinda random but the priest said only one person could talk. I think my family would have been able to share some great stories. Luckily we’ve been able to share them one on one over the last few weeks.

Check out this short Instagram video I shared right after the service.

mexican rosary necklace

I don’t think I’m awesome. But I have one tiny thing going for me.

Teeny tiny.

I can list off a ton of things that I should work on to improve myself, but I have this one thing that I think is a pretty good quality. It occurred to me the other day as I was making dinner. I didn’t have any music / podcasts / TV on and was tired and zoned out going through the motions.

And I realized… I don’t hold grudges.

I forgive.

It kind of came out of nowhere in that moment, but really it’s relevant to several areas of my life lately…

My last relationship broke in part because of trouble with forgiveness.

I need to work on my delivery because I can come off a little bossy and loud. So I need people around me who are forgiving.

In thinking about my Grams one of my first thoughts was about how she was always YELLING. She was loud. And sometimes that yelling was fighting. Okay, a lot of the time it was fighting.

But as quickly as we yelled at each other – we forgave each other. We fought loud, but not mean. We’re family and we love each other.

And we forgive each other.

It’s not always easy or your first reaction but forgiving someone who hurt you helps you heal. And it’s important for all relationships.

I just wanted to pass on this lil reminder in case you’re struggling with this. Forgive. Give yourself the gift of a peaceful heart and let go of hurts.

If you missed it and want to catch up – This is the post I wrote after she passed away.

 

It was heartbreaking to say goodbye to Grams. But God blessed us with a new tiny person a few days after she passed away. My niece was born the following week. She is teeny tiny!

red head and tiny baby

It’s funny and adorable to see my brother hold her. She is the smallest little person!

red head and baby

After the services we went to a local Mexican restaurant – Casa Gamino. Actually, they just changed their name! But the change is so new the menus still have the old name.

I went to this restaurant a lot growing up with my Mom, Grams and lil brother. I would get a salad with thousand island dressing to start. I don’t remember the main course I ordered. And my brother and I would get Shirley Temple drinks. I think it’s Coke with grenadine?

Now I get the adult version of a Shirley Temple = a margarita.

IMG_20170818_125524-01

My mom was having a mango margarita…. and I was having some of hers too. Just kind of ‘unofficially’.

Mexican family time

Chips and salsa for life.

California blog

I ordered Chicken Enchiladas Suiza. I don’t know why. But they were delicious!

Mexican family time 1

We also had pastries from Portos – but I didn’t get a picture of them.

I did get a few pictures of my brother and nieces. But my niece was dancing around the whole time so they’re all action shots. It works.

IMG_20170818_135742-01

I love my people.

In other Monican news:

1. Arm Pocket is a weather proof / easy access  phone protector you can wear while working out. They are giving RER followers a discount and free shipping! Use code: RER20

Arm Pocket Discount Code

2. Got a question for your local Monican? Leave a voicemail on the RER Podcast Line and I might answer it during an upcoming show!

Run Eat Repeat Question line: 562-888-1644

 

Question: What did you do this weekend?

The post Good Bye and Hello appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/08/20/good-bye-and-hello/

No comments:

Post a Comment