Wednesday 9 August 2017

It’s Okay To Not Be Okay

Hello! I just wanted to check in and say a quick hello. I miss you. Life has been crazy lately with my Grams passing two weeks ago… then my niece was born last week!!!… and I’ve been Uber-ing my lil brother to camp since my mom is staying with my brother and SIL to help with my nieces (the new one and my favorite tiny person).

Oh… and I’m puppy sitting for a friend. Luckily that helps calm my soul because he’s so awesome.

orange county golden retriever 8 (785x589) orange county golden retriever (442x589) orange county golden retriever 2 (785x589)

But despite the puppy and kitty cuteness… I feel like I’m on the verge of a breakdown.

okay not okay 1 (600x578)

(via Natalie Dee)

Two weeks in a row I got a call with bad/stressful news and rushed to see my family. First it was my Grams, then it was with my SIL and niece (it was a complicated delivery and first few days). I found myself stuck in crazy California traffic  rushing to get to my people. I’ve done as much as I could to help. And I’m so grateful that I am able to stop what I’m doing and be there to help and support my family – especially in such difficult circumstances.

Everyone else involved had it harder than I did in the moments of crisis over the last two weeks. Luckily, we’re okay – or at least in the process of getting to okay.

I hadn’t been to therapy since before my Grams passed (I had to cancel a session and then my therapist was on vacation) and I walked in yesterday and didn’t even know where to start. There’s a lot going on beyond those really huge family things right now too.

I talked it out some and feel a tiny bit better. I still feel I’m at Stress Level: 16 (on a scale of 1 – 10) but I’m slowly chipping away at the things that’ll help me get it down to a 12 or so.

Sometimes life is challenging and this is one of those times. I’m fairly well-adjusted (or at least I used to think I was before I started to get real in therapy – ha!).

*interrupted by a family member calling to ask 126 questions about something*

I’m kinda well-adjusted so I realize that it’s okay to not be okay sometimes. And this is one of those times. Death, birth, huge life changes… all of these are impacting my life on some level right now. I realize it could be worse. I’m very very blessed.

It’s not that bad in the big picture of human tragedies. But it’s stressful and sad and overwhelming because I’m dealing with these things while falling behind on work, personal relationships, personal hygiene (ha!), self care, running, eating healthy, sleep… and more.

Right now I’m catching up on work and important things on my To Do list  while showing myself some grace. That’s hard. And I don’t have it figured out. But I’m doing what I can.

I’m sharing all of this because…

I started to write a blog post about some recent eats and meal prep and realized I wanted to share this.

I want to let ya know why I’ve been blogging less and around less on Instagram , Facebook  and Twitter.

I want you to fill me in on all the reality TV I’ve missed.

I would like a back rub.

I hope if you’re going through something you extend yourself grace too.

I’m weird and like to spill my guts on the internet.

It feels good to get this off my chest.

I’m hoping someone needs an internship and can help me out.

*another call – this time it’s a business call that I need to take*

Anyway. Let’s talk about other stuff. And get a snack.

Want to see something random?

Baby Changing Station – weight limit 250 pounds. That’s around my birth weight.

meal prep for nomal people 2 (442x589)

And I managed to explode a packet of Mango Strawberry Spark in the car! Ha!!

This made me laugh. It’s extra funny/weird to laugh by yourself in your car at a stoplight. I think people just assume you’re on the phone and talking to someone funny, right?

spark drink in car (442x589)

In other news…

Here’s a picture of Thai food.

orange county golden retriever 3 (785x589) orange county golden retriever 4 (442x589)

And here’s a picture of a puppy…

orange county golden retriever 5 (442x589)

We’ll talk soon!

Question: On a scale of 1 to 10…

How stressed are you right this second?

1 = relaxing on the beach

10 = THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The post It’s Okay To Not Be Okay appeared first on Run Eat Repeat.



source http://runeatrepeat.com/2017/08/09/its-okay-to-not-be-okay/

No comments:

Post a Comment